ODFL | Computers

DayliteDean

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Got your new PeopleNet computers yet?they'll be coming to your barn soon,mine has been operating all week,I must say I'm pretty impressed!pretty easy to learn and use,the only hassle all week when the wrong destination was entered on my hook card, took a few phone calls to clear up,not bad for the first week.I'm looking forward to getting rid of my log book(you have to use both the Elog and the paper ones until you're Elog qualified,takes 7 business days of error free Elogging before certification)we had two field safety supervisors and a field service supervisor here for training, everyone here should be done by early next week.Out here KCY,TOP,SAL,GRB,now WIC on line PAR starts next week,Anyone tell you when you're getting yours?hows the first few weeks (or longer)gone for You?

Nobody in Atlanta is looking for the new PeopleNet system, because of our runs and being hassle on certain issues we hear from other Terms. on what they do to their drivers. I know on my bid run it will cut down on alot of via's.

We have some of ours up and running in DEN! IMO the training could have been better but after a few days have figured out all the things that is needed. Adjustments have had to be made to some of our runs, but so far they are not that bad.

Did something interesting tonight On my home computer I downloaded (and printed)all of my logs from last week off of the web site just enter your password and employee# takes you right to your previous weeks logs so you can keep records,for taxes etc.Nice feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did something interesting tonight On my home computer I downloaded (and printed)all of my logs from last week off of the web site just enter your password and employee# takes you right to your previous weeks logs so you can keep records,for taxes etc.Nice feature.
which web site did you go to?

Yeah groundhog P/D gets them too,but all a P/D driver does is login in the morning with unit info,then logout at the end of workday,load and P/u info still delivered thru handheld...

Yeah groundhog P/D gets them too,but all a P/D driver does is login in the morning with unit info,then logout at the end of workday,load and P/u info still delivered thru handheld...

so which is it log done by which computer on board or hand held if only put in unit info will this still show all my stops

at my barn p/d is kept in the dark hell we didn't know about w& b meeting until a friend of mine that runs l/h told me about it

I heard last night that HAR will be on the computers by September 20. I am curious to know if we have to put any PTI info on the computer to or will that stay in paper form.

I heard last night that HAR will be on the computers by September 20. I am curious to know if we have to put any PTI info on the computer to or will that stay in paper form.
Pre/post trip inspections still have to be done on paper forms to satisfy federal & state compliance requirements,However you also have to press the inspection icon on the elog for not only pre/post trip but also inter trip inspections whenever you drop or hook trailers,failing to do this will keep you from being certified on the elog,means you'll have to do both paper and elog,pretty time time consuming.

so which is it log done by which computer on board or hand held if only put in unit info will this still show all my stops

at my barn p/d is kept in the dark hell we didn't know about w& b meeting until a friend of mine that runs l/h told me about it
groundhog the second you log in on the computer Elog is going to record whenever you stop or move you will NO longer need paper log,the handheld does'nt affect(or interact)with computer.

ok guys here is the latest...... some of us at har were trained on blu..pretty simlpe to us just have to remember all of the inspections i use to use cadek card at another job pain in the a** this is a lot easier

FYI, If you do have a computer in your tractor and it is on but you are not allowed to turn it on because your barn isn't certified yet, it still will record everything that you do.

FYI, If you do have a computer in your tractor and it is on but you are not allowed to turn it on because your barn isn't certified yet, it still will record everything that you do.

The way I understand, it is recording everything, Weather you are logged in or not. It just does not know who is driving.

The way I understand, it is recording everything, Weather you are logged in or not. It just does not know who is driving.
Right now I think they're behind getting people and barns certified that monitoring blu's on offline equipment probably not a priority at this time.I'm having a problem getting paid for hooks at the drop yard,some fella at corporate insists the dropyard I go to is a meet and turn.I don't see anyone there,and I have to hook up pups 3/4 of the times I go there,I enter 4 hooks when I get to my return destination and the summary pops up it shows 0 hooks,maybe this guy can come up with a name for the phantom driver I'm supposed to meet, for now his stubborn insistence in clinging to bad info is starting to add up to real money,hopefully my T/M can get this fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your TM can go in and make sure you get paid. We have the same problem out here in Den. Its not all the time though. When we have problems like what you are describing we call the Peoplenet hot line. They might be able to help you better than corporate. Just my two cents worth!!