XPO | CON Region

Had a meeting today you are allowed to rebid if you say you made a mistake within a week. New company they softened the policy. They told me it happened at several terminals this year

Part of the problem is that managers are not updating the bids as they are done. Bidding is suppose to be transparent so you see what everyone ahead of you bid.
You know if we didn't do our bidding this way there would be no problem. When it your turn to bid you go into to the TM office look at the bid sheet print and sign you name on a open spot and if you do LH then bid you runs.

There is a UPS freight place near me and they bid on a Sat. and bid over 250 people in 3hrs

Multiple TM openings across the system. Our FOM had to sign a non-compete so he is stuck...otherwise, he'd be gone. Too many good people with years of experience being shown the door which does not make sense. Unless they are bringing people in at lower salaries because we know that they will not have the same PTO or 401K plans after they changed those in 2017. Our new TM is swimming.....haven't seen the sharks circling yet but we wish our old TM was back.

They seem to be promoting people just have good reason to fire them. TM turnover is incredibly high.

You know if we didn't do our bidding this way there would be no problem. When it your turn to bid you go into to the TM office look at the bid sheet print and sign you name on a open spot and if you do LH then bid you runs.

There is a UPS freight place near me and they bid on a Sat. and bid over 250 people in 3hrs

I have never worked anywhere where everything is so completely and intentionally impossible. It's amazing. Throw away a dollar to get a nickel. Thought Jacobs was gonna change things. Stream line everything. Stop wasting money. Two years in and there is a whole bunch of same old, same old. People call this Con-PO. They are trying to con you into believing this is XPO. Is the line. The way they have kept us so separated from the rest of the company furthers peoples belief that we will be sold off before the big sale.

Back in the city. Still haven't met him. He may regret what he has gotten himself into. Should be interesting.
In person he seems to be a straight shooter. He is a long term 20+ year man with what is now XPO Logistics , I believe. I hope he is able to work things out in XCO. He'll do better than Will Ferrell ( even though he's not a bad guy )
qs8wUbX.jpg

In person he seems to be a straight shooter. He is a long term 20+ year man with what is now XPO Logistics , I believe. I hope he is able to work things out in XCO. He'll do better than Will Ferrell ( even though he's not a bad guy )
qs8wUbX.jpg

If he is a 20 year man, I would bet they are gonna fire his ass regardless of how well he does.

It’s posted in a separate link. Happens at 2 in the afternoon. I’m thinking a block heater shorted out.

If he is a 20 year man, I would bet they are gonna fire his ass regardless of how well he does.
It does seem that way sometimes doesn’t it? But I disagree here HS. Your DGM hired your old TM, and fired him. Under no circumstance would he look good if he had to fire 2 TMs at the same barn under his control. Especially at a place with such high visibility as Columbus. No doubt why he hired within the company this time.

It does seem that way sometimes doesn’t it? But I disagree here HS. Your DGM hired your old TM, and fired him. Under no circumstance would he look good if he had to fire 2 TMs at the same barn under his control. Especially at a place with such high visibility as Columbus. No doubt why he hired within the company this time.

The DGMs had a bunch of turnover this past year as well. No doubt that he is feeling the pressure too. For both of them and us as well, I very much hope this works out for the best.

Any truth to the rumor that Chris B is being asked to retire ? Grape vine says he will be leaving the company before the end of the month.