XPO | Con-way actively looking to sell itself

brutus

TB Veteran
Credits
Con-way, the listed California-based less-than-truckload trucking and logistics company, is actively looking to shop itself, two sources said. It is understood that EGL has looked at Con-way, but passed. Further, a person claiming knowledge about the company said UPS had at one time passed on Con-way as well. The person suggested DHL could show interest in Con-way, however, added that DHL is unlikely to make an acquisition this year. A Con-way spokesperson said the company does not comment on rumors or speculation.

FT.com / Mergermarket - Con-way actively looking to sell itself

say it ante so.:hysterical:

untitledpa1.jpg

Rumors and speculation, same comment as the Watkins family as the rumors were swirling about the FEDEX aquistion.

:beerchug: :smilie_132: J.B Hunt can't buy em,the old man died late last year,he's not buyin nothin no more.!!!!!:1036316054:

Conway to be sold to be downsized!

YRWC will gobble them up in 2008 for the assets. Then dump them to eliminate the competition like Fed-ex will be doing in the next 3 years with its frieght side do to losses. fed-ex will consolidate all its frieght operations to streamline.

YRWC will gobble them up in 2008 for the assets. Then dump them to eliminate the competition like Fed-ex will be doing in the next 3 years with its frieght side do to losses. fed-ex will consolidate all its frieght operations to streamline.
and may I say makes you think this??

Heck, I might just buy them out myself, and give you guys a big raise, 4 night work week, 25 paid holidays, and 1 week vacation per month, and $5000.00 a year safety bonus, with new Peterbelts, chrom wheels and chicken lights....................the only problem is you would still whine......

Very interesting article!

The analyst further suggested Con-way could sell its logistics business, and become a pure-play LTL carrier. Companies like Con-way, an industry executive said, are suffering from overcapacity in the market, a shortage of drivers and high gas prices.
It's inevitable, You need to be a true Global player.

If this is claimed to be false by the Golden Parachute holders. I wonder what kind of damage this article will cause.
Will there be damage control on this one, like the Trucking Bozo dude?
What will happen to all the honest workers if this does happen?
I'm definitley keeping tabs on this topic.

Heck, I might just buy them out myself, and give you guys a big raise, 4 night work week, 25 paid holidays, and 1 week vacation per month, and $5000.00 a year safety bonus, with new Peterbelts, chrom wheels and chicken lights....................the only problem is you would still whine......

I would love those perks! Go buy us! :hysterical:

Anyting Is Possible With CNW!

Maybe the shareholders are getting nervous and are putting unreasonable demands on Doug and the top execs! It's really ugly right now in the LTL market, and CNW shareholders are used to some good returns on their investments! Con-way would be a nice takeover target for some companies with deep pockets, but don't hold your breath! Companies are kind of leery of any major acquistion/merger attempts with the volatility of the transportation markets right now....BUT WHO KNOWS FOR SURE?!:toxic: