XPO | Con-way Cares pension and health care

Recieved a letter from cigna as of Jan 31 almost all the hospitals around may not be in network anymore. The nearest hospital will almost 60 miles away. Thank you cigna and xpo. Maybe they should have mentioned this before open enrollment

Recieved a letter from cigna as of Jan 31 almost all the hospitals around may not be in network anymore. The nearest hospital will almost 60 miles away. Thank you cigna and xpo. Maybe they should have mentioned this before open enrollment
SEFL had to drop Cigna in Mississippi years ago because of the poor network. Drivers walked until they switched to BC then they switched company wide.

How long will you continue to eat the ::shit:: sandwich? They could care less if you drop dead tomorrow, actually they are hoping you do...

Yeah, Cigna is not well thought of by many providers and consumers

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/11/18/Most-Hated-Health-Insurance-Company-2015
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...ricas-top-20-most-hated-companies/1058718001/

My Primary is dropping Cigna in 2019 . I have to find a new primary after 28 yrs ...fun ,fun ,fun.

I guess that's why we have Cigna it's cheaper for the company with such low ratings.

You get what you pay for.

It's not all Cigna, the company dictates what and how much they will pay . In other words, Cigna has different plans they pitch to their clients. I now work for another LTL witch also uses Cigna insurance to manage the employee healthcare , but our plans are decent. I think that it's a little bit better than or a whole lot better than your plan by comparison. Just food for thought.

You all have it wrong. XPO is self insured. XPO pays Cigna to manage the healthcare XPO doesn't buy insurance from them. The company puts money into a account along with the premiums you pay and out of that account providers are paid.

Every insurance company has different levels of plans. Just because you have Cigna or BC does mean you have great insurance

You all have it wrong. XPO is self insured. XPO pays Cigna to manage the healthcare XPO doesn't buy insurance from them. The company puts money into a account along with the premiums you pay and out of that account providers are paid.

Every insurance company has different levels of plans. Just because you have Cigna or BC does mean you have great insurance
We all know that.
It all about how Cigna manages the plan under the parmiters it agrees to with Xpo .
My provider feels the paramiters are getting in the way of maintaining the level of care that meets his standards.

Last edited:
Could you show some of those perks that were based on your hire date in a union contract?
Nope....never happen....

A Pic from my friends union contract book

0WqIK2x.jpg

I have also myself work for the teamster under a contract that had 3 tier levels. Tier 1 got alot of holidays and was paid OT for any of them they worked. They also got OT on the weekend for all hour they worked. Tier 2 lost some of those holidays and OT was not paid unless you were over the 8/40hr4 rule. Tier 3, when I was there, lost more holidays. There were day the the up tiers got OT all day and 8hr holiday pay because it was a day like Good Friday, Election day, and Columbus Day even though tier 3 got no holiday pay and had to work for straight time.
The union preaches one for all and all for one, but as here was see that is not true. If it truly was one for all and all for one their would not have been tiers in the contracts

It's not all Cigna, the company dictates what and how much they will pay . In other words, Cigna has different plans they pitch to their clients. I now work for another LTL witch also uses Cigna insurance to manage the employee healthcare , but our plans are decent. I think that it's a little bit better than or a whole lot better than your plan by comparison. Just food for thought.
Correct

I don't have it wrong like you think, I Know that XPO is self insured, but XPO decides what level of coverage and different options Cigna offer's. I had Twenty years with you guys so I know how they operate.

Please educate me... if I understand, in the states, your healthcare insurance is provided by Cigna. And there are different levels you can choose, depending on coverage and deductible, correct? That’s what the open Enrollment posters refer to I see at the fac I’m assuming? And if your doctor or hospital chooses not to deal with Cigna for whatever reason, you either have to find another doctor, or pay out of pocket to keep seeing yours, correct?

Please educate me... if I understand, in the states, your healthcare insurance is provided by Cigna. And there are different levels you can choose, depending on coverage and deductible, correct? That’s what the open Enrollment posters refer to I see at the fac I’m assuming? And if your doctor or hospital chooses not to deal with Cigna for whatever reason, you either have to find another doctor, or pay out of pocket to keep seeing yours, correct?
I either have to pay out of pocket or find another provider by the end of the month. It’s not a matter of being in or out of network but my primary has chose to stop dealing with Cigna.

That's correct Upnorth. In order for Doctors to be (in network) they have to basically be in a binding contract with Cigna to provide services at a negotiateable price and other criteria. The one big benefit for the consumer is that The Doctor cannot bill you
for more than what your predetermined out of pocket expenses are. Depending on the plan's percentage that it pays . I had a Provider try to bill me for more than what Cigna said my out of pocket expenses where and I called them out on the Bill. I sent a copy of the E O B provided by Cigna showing my cost and got a corrected bill from the Provider. They tried to hook me for approximately 800.00.