Con-Way no more

Discussion in 'Consolidated Freightways' started by excfman, Sep 9, 2015.

1. excfman

excfman Active Member

Well Cf brothers & sisters it's looking like there gone in name anyway reports are XPO logistic has drop a around 3 billion to buy them.I'd just about bet they wanted the Menlo logistics part more than the LTL freight side but had to take both to get the other I'd say you'll see cut backs on the freight side starting next year all i say is bye bye Con-way 33 years too long for me and just a few day past labor day too born 1982 DIE 2015.

searcher09 and captain cardboard like this.
  2. hoffa

hoffa Active Member

Good riddance scabs

excfman likes this.
  3. wongway

wongway -15% Pay & Broke Pension Fund

What goes around comes around for Con-Way !

4. excfman

excfman Active Member

Has anyone been reading Con-Ways site boy are they worried now you know how we felt everyday knowing a company was going to take your job and way of life don't worry about it you'll find another job at 50 plus that pays just as good their knocking at the door for you everyday you don't have to apply they come looking for don't worry about it i know it will be just fine for you just like it was for 25,000 of us.

searcher09 likes this.
  5. Barney

Barney Member

Proud CFer for 10 years. Best place I've ever worked. They sucked CF dry.

30yearman and searcher09 like this.
  6. Mudd Flapp

Mudd Flapp Retired DSR-31 YRS-XAC

Why didn't you CF drivers strike 3-4 yrs into con jobs start up? Tell me you didn't understand what was coming at you?Was pointing the finger at everyone else easier? Or was it too hard to point it at Yourselves.........Just sayin.........

7. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

On what basis would we be able to strike

8. Mudd Flapp

Mudd Flapp Retired DSR-31 YRS-XAC

On the basis That organized labor had strength still in 83, legal wise, sure there's issues,but with your jobs on the line you guys had no choice.Sad but true you had no real leader ship either,Presser,what a joke.If the real Jimmy Hoffa was in charge.......CF still be here..........Never would have been a Con Job. I would have had a nice onion job........Just my thoughts.....I'm retired 36 yrs trailer truckin.......31 with Con-Job...... Not an easy thing to do I might add.Merry Christmas to you driver.

9. excfman

excfman Active Member

We'd love to had and ask to strike but IBT said no you have no right too. Yes we all Know-ed there plan from the beginning and I told A Con-Way VP that to his face but i did my best to make sure they didn't grow with my help I never help them get on pound of freight and I'm very proud of that.