XPO | Con-way Reports Fourth-Quarter Loss & pay freeze

Being a salried employee I really enjoyed reading about our salary freeze in a freking press release. Thats class right there.

Not sure why a bunch of TMs are in Ann Arbor, if they are...TMs are not called to the GO for stuff like this...
There has been no announcement yet to the management on this, my guess was this was for publication tomorrow..It certainly is not unexpected, given these economic times...Menlo lost the majority of the money, tied mainly to international operations, Freight actually lost 9.4 million in the quarter, a surprisingly low number, I thought would be much higher... Truckload turned a profit...Here's hoping that the worst thing any or all of us sees is a wage freeze...I commend them for leaving the drivers out of this until it becomes a last resort, if it does, and we need to do everything we can to try to make sure it doesn't...keep the faith..

Not sure why a bunch of TMs are in Ann Arbor, if they are...TMs are not called to the GO for stuff like this...
There has been no announcement yet to the management on this, my guess was this was for publication tomorrow..It certainly is not unexpected, given these economic times...Menlo lost the majority of the money, tied mainly to international operations, Freight actually lost 9.4 million in the quarter, a surprisingly low number, I thought would be much higher... Truckload turned a profit...Here's hoping that the worst thing any or all of us sees is a wage freeze...I commend them for leaving the drivers out of this until it becomes a last resort, if it does, and we need to do everything we can to try to make sure it doesn't...keep the faith..

My TM was in Ann Arbor today...one of the topics is the cost of keeping the junk from the fence up and running...

Rat :loser:

My TM was in Ann Arbor today...one of the topics is the cost of keeping the junk from the fence up and running...

Rat :loser:

I could see that, given you guys are in cold country...we don't have near your problems out here...rain, and temps that approach freezing, but that's it..

And yeah, we wuss and whine about it...c'mon, it's California..

Well as long as Conway Truckload does ok then I'm ok. What ever we can do to help the red trucked step child. - I'm down with that.

Well as long as Conway Truckload does ok then I'm ok. What ever we can do to help the red trucked step child. - I'm down with that.

Well sure, I mean they already get the new equipment, best runs, and priority for cut times.........whatever Truckload needs or wants, by all means, they are the future of the company, not us.

I could see that, given you guys are in cold country...we don't have near your problems out here...rain, and temps that approach freezing, but that's it..

And yeah, we wuss and whine about it...c'mon, it's California..

i know all too well what you mean, i live in california now, but ive grown up in the east coast freezing cold!

it's like 50 degrees at night and everyone is COOOOOLLLLDDD wearing the beanie and jacket and everything.
they dont know it reaches close to zero temps in some places of the country lol!

i even see some in overalls hehe.... im talking about ULA, USB and anywhere else in southern california... of course it does get cold up in kettleman

If this post above is truely serious and not
sarcastic ?

Would , " down with that " , include the following scenario ?

If it were to be shown that CNW would be more profitable to , eliminate all meet and turns ,
and line runs to FAC's , by using CFI or purchase
transportation to accomplish the operation ?

Just4Thought

If this post above is truely serious and not
sarcastic ?

Would , " down with that " , include the following scenario ?

If it were to be shown that CNW would be more profitable to , eliminate all meet and turns ,
and line runs to FAC's , by using CFI or purchase
transportation to accomplish the operation ?

Just4Thought

Ok, so if my post is sarcastic, you don't want/need me to answer?

Con-way Inc. swings to 4Q loss: Associated Press Business News: US:CNW - MSN Money

This link shows a loss all across the board...even Truckload