XPO | Con-way retirees

treetop55

TB Lurker
Credits
Are there any other con-way retirees out there retired and living the good life and happy to have it all behind them.

20? You lucky bastard. I have at least 32 left...and then another 20 after that since there won't be any social security left!

You won't need social security, You'll have Obama-care. You might be living on the street, but you'll have free insurance..

Comin up on retiring next year. :couch: let you young studs pickup the slack. :shift: Make a little room for you. Hopefully you'll reach retirement in fair health. Don't stress the changes, just roll with the punches and try to keep yourself up beat. Its a booger some times, I been there, done that, NEVER take it home. Your family needs your leadership and guidance. :kicking:

Glad to hear you finally get to retire. I just wonder what your wife will do having to look at your mug 24/7 from now on. IF my driver retires I might have to take on a second job to keep from killing him when he tries to "rearrange" my kitchen cabinet contents again like he did while on vacation one time. :chairshot: :kickedoutsmile: :biglaugh:

Comin up on retiring next year. :couch: let you young studs pickup the slack. Make a little room for you. Hopefully you'll reach retirement in fair health. Don't stress the changes, just roll with the punches and try to keep yourself up beat. Its a booger some times, I been there, done that, NEVER take it home. Your family needs your leadership and guidance.

My wife Loves my mug... Just look at my avatar, whats not to love??? I got great love handles, don't ya think? Pleasant smile, I'm quite the catch.:LMAO:

Wife hasn't complained yet but I've only been retired for 7 weeks so time will tell. I hope that your better half gets to experience retirement because it's great plus after 26 years I was just all conwayed out.

Yes, I am a retired conway driver of 23 years.I, had to retire due to health issues.The good life can't be had on the conway retirement monies, approximetly 2000 short of what they said I would get when I was first hired.Luckely I have other sources of income that helps me enjoy my retirement.You young guys should plan accordingly.

Yes, I am a retired conway driver of 23 years.I, had to retire due to health issues.The good life can't be had on the conway retirement monies, approximetly 2000 short of what they said I would get when I was first hired.Luckely I have other sources of income that helps me enjoy my retirement.You young guys should plan accordingly.

could you please tell us why you came up approx. 2000 short? i can only guess it was due to the downfall of the stock market ,thanks

been retired from conway 3 years. my pension is just enough to cover my health insurance. like someone said. plan accordingly.

If you weren't in the position to retire, then you should not have done it. Wait 'til you can get medicare.

Last edited by a moderator:

Work extra and put money into a Roth IRA. Maybe that's what you did.. good luck to you.

My retirement was 25% less than what we we're told it would be many years ago but it could have been a lot worse. I get my medical through the V.A. so that helps a bunch. We haven't had to go to the savings or to the 401 yet so I have to say retirement is great but saving for yourself is a good idea since you'll never get it from conway.