ODFL | Congdon floats 20 cent infrastructure fee

I am against this idea.

We already have a Highway Trust Fund that Congress uses as their personal piggy bank.

And with the push for electric cars, talk about more subsidization. As they already get a bunch of tax credits for buying an EV.

If the money was going towards infrastructure and infrastructure only, I probably would be a little more receptive to the idea.

I am against this idea.

We already have a Highway Trust Fund that Congress uses as their personal piggy bank.

And with the push for electric cars, talk about more subsidization. As they already get a bunch of tax credits for buying an EV.

If the money was going towards infrastructure and infrastructure only, I probably would be a little more receptive to the idea.
Yes Sir!! Just another piggy bank

I am against this idea.

I have read articles where these companies pushing the driverless trucks,talk of wanting a 3rd interstate lane just for these trucks. Guess who would foot that bill???

I have read articles where these companies pushing the driverless trucks,talk of wanting a 3rd interstate lane just for these trucks. Guess who would foot that bill???

That'll be known as the linehaul lane because those will be the first drivers to be replaced. Ain't got no reason for me to be worried until I hear of a autonomous pallet jack or hand truck but even then it couldn't keep up with me bc it'd just be a slow pile a of junk.

Why have a machine do my job when I can move mountains and trust me my bosses know that.

I am against this idea.

I understand Mr. Congdon's position and got to hand it to the guy, he's trying to head the government off at the pass. As they push fuel efficiency to the hilt in our fleet, an infrastructure tax in the fuel tax would hit us less than a miles driven tax. Pretty slick if you ask me.