ABF | Contract negotiation updates

Real Quote. Leak out to 063. Is $3.50 up front, 75 cents a year after ,, 2 more sick days, MLK day off. Vacation for hourly employees changed to road driver equation. They go back 1 year for gross pay, divide it by 52 weeks. Vacation pay weekly is your average weekly pay. H@W Benefits fully paid for. Pension in Central States region fully paid for. Frozen for the next 5 years at same pay. $68.50 day for each day punch. Do to the Goverment bail out money for Central States Pension. All companies that pay into Pension. Has to stay at same pay in rates.
52nd’s for City drivers swings me a tad. I transferred to a small barn forced on 60+ a week. But when I started I thought 45 hours vacations was great!

I’ve been a city driver my whole career & don’t understand how the road vacations work. Is it about the same, better or worse?
In a nut shell, when you take a vacation, the previous 52-weeks average will be your vacation pay for that week.
As an example, if you earned $75,000 for the previous 52-weeks, you would divide the $75,000 by 52-weeks which would be $1442.31 for that vacation week.
If you earned $62,650 divided by 52 weeks, that would be $1204.81 for that vacation week which is about the same as the current 45-hour straight time vacation schedule. So, if you average more than $62,650 a year, it can be a benefit. In some cases a huge benefit. If you earn less than $62,650 a year, it will pay less than the current 45-hour schedule.
My guess is that this was done to encourage people to come to work.
Those that use a lot of FMLA or miss a lot of time for whatever reason will certainly see a reduction for their vacation pay.
Over all, in my opinion, this is huge for those that come to work and get a lot of overtime.
IF…………..this is accurate info and not a rumor!!!
Also, we need to know if this applies to only CDL driving jobs, or if it also includes the dock, hostle, clerical, and shop jobs!!!

Vacation for hourly employees changed to road driver equation. They go back 1 year for gross pay, divide it by 52 weeks.
My business agent just sent me the changes to the Southern Region Supplemental Agreement. There is no mention of the vacation formula being changed to what the road supplement language reads. All changes are in bold print. So I guess we still get 45-hours for vacation.

IMG_1852.md.jpeg