Holland | Conversation

Unionist

TB Lurker
Credits
Yes, you could be right about the egg.

I think a more significant long-term disadvantage for any leadership engaged in opposition or obfuscation to 705 striking (if that were to occur) would be the real and deep thought conversation that everyone would engage in.

Any leadership that negates undermines or undercuts another Teamster Local union and its membership is WRONG to the bone.

Moreover, how does that leadership’s behavior affect them and the future of their local’s membership?

A reevaluation of these leaderships should be undertaken now.

To understand if these leaders are qualified and have proven without any doubt that they are the leaders, your local needs to take you into your future.

NEVER FORGET,

It is the membership that is The Union, not the leadership.

Something these leaders seem to forget once they are entrenched in their positions.

It is time to look for new blood from the ranks to replace them.

I am not talking about Mr. L of grocery fame.

Whoever he/she is, they do not need experience, just a true heart.

This Union is about choice and democracy, not dictatorship, greed of power, influence nor money.

It is about decent wages, conditions and the fair and equitable treatment of the membership by their employers, PERIOD.

This Union is for the benefit of you and your families.

So you can give your children a better life and future.

So that you can enjoy all the things you have come to be accustomed to, and frankly, the things many other people in this world do not have even a clue exist.

Like health care, decent living conditions, proper nourishment etc.

It is not over yet.

No matter the outcome.

We were told that if the International does not kick in their standard $, the local will add an additional $100.00 to the already 10 times your hourly rate, for strike line pay.

For Holland drivers in Chicago that would be
$23.31 x 10 = $233.10 plus $100.00 = $333.10 per week for being on the strike line.

Should we in Chicago succeed in our endeavor, do not condemn us.

Instead, applaud us for we will have succeeded despite the lack of forward looking leadership at higher levels within our organization.

For we have stood strong in the face of the beast and survived, irrespective of what we did or did not get in this agreement.

We should exercise our strength and power in the service of our Brother Teamsters all.

Fraternity through solidarity

We are your TEAMSTER BROTHERS

Unionist you hit it on the head once again I have to applaud you for your dedication and clarity on these issues.

It is through Solidarity that we as Teamsters and Union members in general will regain the respect and leadership that we as union members once held.

What most people forget is if it was not for Unions most people would not enjoy the benefits of decent wages , vacation time , sick time , or health care benefits , job security ( what is left of that ), or safety standards in the work place.

I would like to pose this question to all : Are you truly happy with the National contract that was forced on you , are you truly happy with all the gray language in the Utility wording , look at how these company's are already eliminating those jobs once held by you to replace them with Utility workers , next thing is they will not hire full time employees only Utility and Casuals.

The International for some reason thought this was good policy all the while giving up those hard fought gains of the past , this is the primary reason that we in 705 are standing against the beast come H*!! or high water , we believe that the only way to move in a forward direction is not to settle on a bad contract and give up those rights that were fought for by those that came before us .

If you check out the 705 web site you can see the company's proposal was actually less then what the national received .

WOULD YOU SIT BACK AND EXCEPT THAT?

Conversation w/ UNIONIST

:smilies-19296:I, think a more significant advantage for me, anyway, would be if you stop "obfuscating" the subject matter. You
know what? I think that when the contract comes up again you will vote YES.!!

Really I think that you have been listening
to too many Barrack Obama's speaches.

You want to reevaluate the leadership?
give me a break man, you would not be happy if the Pope was head of the Teamsters, how are you going to reevaluate the leadership?, are you going to ask them for their resumes and interview them to see if they are qualified? HA !.

NEVER FORGET? what, that the membership is the Union, wow, when did you learn that, leaders entrenched in their positions? no kidding, would you give up a cushy job as an"ENTRENCHED LEADER " hell no man.

And start looking for new blood let me know when you find some, and make sure they do not have expirience just HEART, that's funny, HA-HA-HA.

In all my years in Unions and I been in a couple, and I'M glad that the Teamsters
has been one of them.

If you are not happy with the leadership
you should run for office,and then you can obfuscate anyone you want.:1036316054:

Unionist, I truly am trying to understand, care to clarify, from what I have heard, 705 wants a 1 yr contract with a $3.00 raise upfront? Is this what your willing to strike over? As for solidarity of the teamsters, your teamster brothers and sisters, you want them to stand with, by, and beside you for these terms? And yet, when the Company locks the doors,(IF?/And OR When)...Where is the solidarity for your fellow teamsters, that are not of your local, that are forced from work from the locked doors, because they share the same barn? What benefits are they entitled to too provide for themselves and/or their families? They technically are under another agreement? Are they entitled to Strike Pay? Laid Off Benefits? I came in at the end of the 94 strike, so have never been down this road, to be honest all I am seeing is possibly be forced from my job, by my fellow teamsters, cause even the contract before 94 was a 3 yr deal, now they have all been 5 yrs. Obviously, I have a wife and 4 sons, that I support, 2 with Special needs, one requires meds, and No I do not get any State or Fed help for my Special Needs kids. I want to understand what the true issues are. Just because someone else says jump from the bridge, doesn't mean I shouldn't have the facts straight to get an opportunity to find a parachute for a safe landing either. I can support a cause, that I can understand. But not at the mercy of hundreds of other brothers and sisters, being thrown under the wheels either. I appreciate the time in this matter.

I'm with you Jodroadway, this UNIONIST just likes to read his own posts,as far as I'm concerned he is all talk no action, he will be the first to vote YES when the contract comes up again. He talks brotherhood, he does not know the meaning of the word, he is in his little world pretending to be a Teamster while a lot of jobs are at stake, I have known people like him before and all they are interested in is listening to themselves talk and
"OBFUSCATING" the matter at hand. You will have to go a dictionary to find the meaning of that WORD.

The $3 per hour raise in the first year shows a starting point on our side as a 1 year contract but with the additional years left blank, showing we are open to a 5 year contract.
The 705 wants all past and existing language clarified to leave no gray or vague wording because the companies have abused it for years.
If you folks would just go read the info on the 705 website, including the MAY 15TH letter, none of these posts would happen.
It's all there and their so called (partial) proposal is less than the NMFA. TMI hasn't really bargained yet, they have just agreed on certain language that both sides agree to leave put.
If the big Y were to close us, it would have nothing to do with the contract, it would have been in the works all along. There is specific langauge addressing this and specifically, who the employer is.
From my point, if they do shut the doors, this is all the more reason to fight for this because I will be knocking on Y or R's door looking for work. I'd hate to cut my own throat by accepting the company proposal only to find that the job i could have had next door is not available because they are now UE or casuals.
SOUND FAMILIAR ANYONE? NMFA? No contract proposal should ever be accepted before a strike authorization vote is taken.