Conway

I'M a Con-way driver,were do I sign??? I've been there 21 yrs,the last 4 on line haul,I'm now driving a 1999 spring ride no air piece of back breaking sh*t, 500 miles a night,I'm ready to sign the card!

cfman

preposterous were you around in 1983 the year cf started con-way i was i watch them take the money they got for selling freight liner..a completely separate entity not for the first 15years of there life cf pay every bill you had from a//z you name they pay it.as for false info the shoes are on your feet now just wondering how do they feel a little tight i bet . and i myself will retract my nut-kick to you and apologize for it to you. you said you need 12 years to get 33 years so add 12 year to me and I'd had 45 years. so if i do my math right i had 12 years at cf before you every started so i just might know a little more about cf// con-way than you do. best wishes to you and yours but not your company in these tough times and I'll stay at this site. like in the movie Rudy no one but on comes to this site and runs cf down if you didn't work for them .
Youre right cfman,conway bled cf dry. i watched it happen from 84 on. I work for conway cause i need a job,now they are bleeding me dry, guess its just my turn. I dont blame you for hateing us,cf was a great co.

hate to let you down but there been a lot non union that longer around just to name a few brown skyline ghx thurston.look at your gone but not forgotten do you think that all them on there are union. just one more that don't understand if wasn't for union you be making about ten dollars hour if that much just keep running around thinking that. one day it's going to come home to you. and you will find out how much the union has help you. and you didn't pay one cent for the help.

:hide: Who do you hate to let down???? Do you, for one second, think that the non union drivers do not know why we make the wage that we do? OK, some have no clue. I do!
My biggest LTL hope is that YRC comes around and becomes profitable, if not, the s*** that you hope for with Con-Way will hit the fan, and a whole bunch of union jobs will be gone!
Is that what you want?....I don't!
Are you so bitter about the CF closing that you would sacrifice GOOD jobs, union and non to prove your point?
WAKE UP!!!! the year is 2009, our economy is in shambles, Every trucking company is on the verge of collapsing!
This will be the year to remember, good, bad, and ugly.
Again, I hope you get over your bitterness, and proceed with your life!:smilie_132:

:hide: Who do you hate to let down???? Do you, for one second, think that the non union drivers do not know why we make the wage that we do? OK, some have no clue. I do!
My biggest LTL hope is that YRC comes around and becomes profitable, if not, the s*** that you hope for with Con-Way will hit the fan, and a whole bunch of union jobs will be gone!
Is that what you want?....I don't!
Are you so bitter about the CF closing that you would sacrifice GOOD jobs, union and non to prove your point?
WAKE UP!!!! the year is 2009, our economy is in shambles, Every trucking company is on the verge of collapsing!
This will be the year to remember, good, bad, and ugly.
Again, I hope you get over your bitterness, and proceed with your life!:smilie_132:
you don't think i don't want yrc to make it sure i do. that company helps pays into my retirement along with abf and few other. and yes there a lot non union drivers think that there company's pay them because they like them and that will never change you got some that's will always by in that thinking. but the one think i don't understand if con-way shuts there doors hows that going to hurt the union lines just tell me how that's going to hurt yrc abf or other non unions lines i didn't know con-way own them all so if you shut your doors all the non unions like fedex cooper will follow them you know i'm really sorry i didn't know that they were that strong. as for waking up that funny i got more layoff letters at cf in my 25years than you can post in 48footer so don't tell how bad it is out there i know how bad it is i live it and still living it today. but i had to start all over 2002 and i sure didn't want any part of it i didn't like going from number 3 to 62 back to night and weekends. so you will have to forgive me for being just a little bitter at con-way and for helping put 25'000 of in that shape. now you have great day.

Youre right cfman,conway bled cf dry. i watched it happen from 84 on. I work for conway cause i need a job,now they are bleeding me dry, guess its just my turn. I dont blame you for hateing us,cf was a great co.
sir i understand you got to make living but you understand my meaning it's no hate to you it your company. the thing that get my blood boiling is they come to this site and start something. they got there hands full up at con-way site without coming down and getting mad if i say something about them

be bitter at the higher ups not regular employees. i too have been on both sides of the fence but the thinking that u are a big ex u...n driver and think you are better than me or anyone else is a crock... just because you carried a card doesnt make u better than me or anyone else. that is an attitude that needs to go away. i can do just as much if not more and i dont need a u...n telling what i can or cant do

BBB,bouta bunch of b******t!

I don't think it matters who you work for anymore. We have been sold out by Gov't. Yeah,that sucking sound! Bush wanted to make the illegals citizens. Everybody says no.Now,as of 4/8/09 11:40 EDT,Obama wants the same thing. Why? They want us to work for their wages. Where is the change really? (R) for retarded and (D) for dummy. Just like fake wrestling,they want us to believe. Which one are you? Conway out!

be bitter at the higher ups not regular employees. i too have been on both sides of the fence but the thinking that u are a big ex u...n driver and think you are better than me or anyone else is a crock... just because you carried a card doesnt make u better than me or anyone else. that is an attitude that needs to go away. i can do just as much if not more and i dont need a u...n telling what i can or cant do

I believe he did say that he was bitter toward the company and not the drivers...now with the post you made it is no wonder some of you conway guys get slammed by him!!!:nutkick: This is a union company thread... if you don't like the union... then you probably shouldn't be here on this union company forum. I for one am proud to be a teamster.:shift: And I have no hard feelings toward any conway driver either... actually know some... great guys!!!:smilie_132:

The highlighted red I did in your post makes me think that you are jealous that you are not... and no one is telling you what to do!!!

yes i carried a card just like my dad did but my brother never did he work at overnite but i never was any better then him or any nonunion driver or union driver or any where i ever delivery to. the attitude just might be you if i was up at the con-way site and saying this about con-way everyone there needs to be all over me and you need to take up for company up there but i'm not up there i'm at the cf site i never once was telling you can and can't do but i don't go in someone house and run my mouth the owner just might bust it.

just stating what i see .... remember i once was a member..... things have changed ...i do have many friends at yrc so i am not slamming anyone....have a good day......