Yellow | COO Decisions Online at Local 776 Website

Stan
Tell me you didn't go to the web site to look for Information.:hysterical: You must understand, they are busy fighting for us to even worry about a web site that WE are paying for.:smilie_132:

I brought that very fact up during the last campaign and everybody just sort of shrugged their shoulders.....I wonder when the barn meeting is?

Stan
Tell me you didn't go to the web site to look for Information.:hysterical: You must understand, they are busy fighting for us to even worry about a web site that WE are paying for.:smilie_132:

Yeah I finally figured that out after reading the book called Solidarity for Sale.... :BlahBlah:

SolidarityforSale300.jpg

I brought that very fact up during the last campaign and everybody just sort of shrugged their shoulders.....I wonder when the barn meeting is?

Sure would be nice to see the Teamster motorhome in the employee parking
lot 24/7. Available to everyone at each shift,
or end of run. With information and answers pertaining to what our future holds, and our options. Haven't seen anyone from the Teamsters since the before the contract vote. Must be nice to set on your ***. Collect a fat check and do nothing for dues paying members. Just a rant.

or end of run. With information and answers pertaining to what our future holds, and our options. Haven't seen anyone from the Teamsters since the before the contract vote. Must be nice to set on your ***. Collect a fat check and do nothing for dues paying members. Just a rant.

The only meeting we really could bring anything up at, our BA was absent at and no discussion took place. You would think as many lives being uprooted, they would have had a general meeting for us instead of having adjourned the general meetings for summer.

The only meeting we really could bring anything up at, our BA was absent at and no discussion took place. You would think as many lives being uprooted, they would have had a general meeting for us instead of having adjourned the general meetings for summer.
I must repectfully disagree. At the April meeting there were two calls for new business and an open mike for any member to address any issue to the floor for discussion, and no one did. The May meeting was held the same weekend as the meeting in San Antonio and the changes were discussed, myself and another brother took the floor and brought up items of concern which were faxed/phoned to reps at the change meeting.

As for going dark in the summer, this was moved and seconded and voted on by the members in attendance. The two locals I was in prior to 407 both also closed in the summer, because of even worse attendance than wintertime. We tried one year to stay open and could not even get a quorum.

I do believe, as you stated, that having adjurned for the summer, there should have been a special meeting, or series of meetings for the members affected by the velocity/ue changes.

There is some confusion on my part that perhaps somebody out there can clear up.Initially I was to believe there was a net loss of about 5 drivers at Raphine due to the COO .Later I heard after re-hashing the numbers that it was changed to a plus 21.Anybody know what the real numbers are?

I must repectfully disagree. At the April meeting there were two calls for new business and an open mike for any member to address any issue to the floor for discussion, and no one did. The May meeting was held the same weekend as the meeting in San Antonio and the changes were discussed, myself and another brother took the floor and brought up items of concern which were faxed/phoned to reps at the change meeting.

As for going dark in the summer, this was moved and seconded and voted on by the members in attendance. The two locals I was in prior to 407 both also closed in the summer, because of even worse attendance than wintertime. We tried one year to stay open and could not even get a quorum.

I do believe, as you stated, that having adjurned for the summer, there should have been a special meeting, or series of meetings for the members affected by the velocity/ue changes.

Bringing anything up at the April meeting would have been pointless in my estimation since our BA wasn't there. I think it reasonable to assume we'd get the same BS we got from the crew there as during NMFA discussion. They weren't real organized IMO since they didn't even know when the local Yellow meeting was being held. I didn't waste the gas to go to the May meeting because I felt it safe to say they would pawn off any serious discussion because of the San Antonio meetings.

Its nice to see them take such a proactive role in the well being of their members. If I was an officer, I'd be actively reaching out, not sitting back, waiting on everyone to chase me down to try and get me to work in their best interests. You and I talked in person about me being told point blank by stewards/organizers at the April meeting, our local wasn't planning on fighting for our rights in the COO aggressively.

As you're aware, standing up there w/out having facts and ammo in preparation, leaves you open to being shotdown and the topic being closed, seconded and tossed.

GOOD RANT!:1036316054:
Obviously we're never going to strike. Maybe we should request that "strike fund money" that's part of our dues be rescinded. Get some of our pay back.:Poke:

103rd & Harlem

There is a new rumble on the street about
103rd & Harlem, that with the opening of that Yellow term. in LaSale/ Peru, YRC will be laying off 40 OTR & 35 dock, both I think 710
during the first or second week of 6/08

I wonder if that has anything to do with the
UE, does anyone have any info?:surprised:

I hope it's all B.S.

There is some confusion on my part that perhaps somebody out there can clear up.Initially I was to believe there was a net loss of about 5 drivers at Raphine due to the COO .Later I heard after re-hashing the numbers that it was changed to a plus 21.Anybody know what the real numbers are?

RAPHINE, VIRGINIA

ROAD

PRESENT OPERATION
Raphine, VA is an established over-the-road domicile with single man operations with primaries as established by previous Changes of Operation.

PROPOSED OPERATION
• The company proposes to operate the following Raphine, VA meet and turns:
• Maybrook, NY
• Nashville, TN

As a result of this Velocity Sort Center Change of Operations, the Raphine, VA road operation will be minus five (5) road driver.]

I wonder when the barn meeting is?

You'll like this

this fri 6/6 and mon 6/9 8:30am, 12 pm(Guess their not hanging out at green dragon this fri) and 4:30pm I guess they choose the time and days because we'll all be at work. I wonder if yellow will let us all off for union biz?