Yellow | COO for laid-off drivers

And how long have you paid in this money ? Did they take it out of your check ?

The Pension and Health & Welfare money didn`t come out of our checks,but it was part of every employee`s overall compensation package. I don`t think that most employees ever thought things would get this bad,and now there is serious concern,and justifiably so,about the pension money being there when they retire. If this money wasn`t put into the pension fund and was put into a 401K or into their paychecks,the employees would have control over it and they would know exactly what they have or don`t have. YRC will not put any money into the pension plans as they now exist , for a long time if ever. If YRC survives,I believe they may start some kind of matching 401K plan for the employees. What will happen to our pension plan as it exists now,I don`t think anyone knows. Most teamsters have an opinion of what should happen to the money in the pension funds and they all have a vested interest in it so their concerns are valid. This mess was created by our own government with all these free trade agreements that let all the manufacturing jobs leave our country such as NAFTA,and now we as American workers are paying the price. Greedy,self-serving politicians and overpaid CEOs are the cause of it all.

Just to give credit where credit is due, it wasn't YRC that started a spending spree on Preston. That was Yellow on it's own doing what it does best. Acquiring good companies and destroying them. Don't drag Roadway into this.

I'm not going to participate in the Yellow or Roadway bullshit that seems to feed so many on this board.
The fact is when your out of a job the people at the unemployment office really don't care which legacy you worked for.

I worked for Yellow and Roadway. They were just as inept and stupid on both sides. A couple examples are Yellow paying me for 7 hours while waiting on a trailer because some management idiot didn't put it in the computer. At Roadway getting paid 56 hours in a snowstorm because noone would let me reroute myself knowing that I would get stuck. How the **** do you lose 60% of your business Mr. Zollars? Well here's a couple of examples.

How the **** do you lose 60% of your business Mr. Zollars? Well here's a couple of examples.

Well according to some here on the boards....... It wasn't his fault,the economy was the one who did everything to get us in the mess.........Myself I think he's a piece of ::shit::.........that ruined some good company's.......

Well according to some here on the boards....... It wasn't his fault,the economy was the one who did everything to get us in the mess.........Myself I think he's a piece of ::shit::.........that ruined some good company's.......

******* was already ruined before $ Bill (bought) the company. I have a question. Didn't ******* own RPS at one time, or were they a spinoff of *******? Just think, Fed Ex's success was off of union labor like Con-way was. Imagine that?

I worked for Yellow and Roadway. They were just as inept and stupid on both sides. A couple examples are Yellow paying me for 7 hours while waiting on a trailer because some management idiot didn't put it in the computer. At Roadway getting paid 56 hours in a snowstorm because noone would let me reroute myself knowing that I would get stuck. How the **** do you lose 60% of your business Mr. Zollars? Well here's a couple of examples.

The way I look at it,either company that was paying a good wage,good benefits and pension was a good place to work. Management determines the direction of the company and policies that we all work under. We,the rank and file had to do what we were told as long as it didn`t violate the contract,work rules,laws,or safety of the employees. Everyone one of us has a hundred stories about the inept and stupid decisions made by management. When I look back,I don`t believe management was ever as bad as what they have now. I can`t remember the times that a supervisor told me to do the driving and he would do the thinking. Seems everytime he told me that I made a pocket full of money following his bad decisions. One of the better supervisors told me one day when I questioned this"That`s corporate america today".

The way I look at it,either company that was paying a good wage,good benefits and pension was a good place to work. Management determines the direction of the company and policies that we all work under. We,the rank and file had to do what we were told as long as it didn`t violate the contract,work rules,laws,or safety of the employees. Everyone one of us has a hundred stories about the inept and stupid decisions made by management. When I look back,I don`t believe management was ever as bad as what they have now. I can`t remember the times that a supervisor told me to do the driving and he would do the thinking. Seems everytime he told me that I made a pocket full of money following his bad decisions. One of the better supervisors told me one day when I questioned this"That`s corporate america today".
There should be some sort of policy or procedure to follow when you can save the company a significant amount of money and a management person is telling you do otherwise. Like a money wasting hotline or something.