FedEx Freight | Cost of healthcare

Pitt Ohio Express: $0 premiums, $0 deductibles for entire family, 90% coverage, out of pocket max $1000/$2000 for individual/family. Spouses covered only if: they are unemployed/ self employed; employed but not offered health insurance; employed but employer does not contribute toward paying premiums.

At YRC, my healthcare care statement for 2017 showed just over 30k company contribution for my HMO/Kaiser, Western States. I pay $15 copay, 2M individual/4M family. Only UPS package has better Teamster coverage. I am $0 our of pocket, other than copay.

Prove where I said it was “great”...then why are they deducting the premiums from my check?? :scratchhead: :idunno:

You’re obviously someone who when you tell a lie long enough you begin to believe it yourself...I mean after all, it’s been proven you’re a liar!! :1036316054:

You would have to show me you're pay check for me to believe you. Lie...that's funny bozo.

Pitt Ohio Express: $0 premiums, $0 deductibles for entire family, 90% coverage, out of pocket max $1000/$2000 for individual/family. Spouses covered only if: they are unemployed/ self employed; employed but not offered health insurance; employed but employer does not contribute toward paying premiums.

Dam that's pretty good coverage. Kind of funny fed ex can't afford to give us better coverage than what we have.

I had a discussion with a co-worker about what other companies employee pay for healthcare.. can someone please post what your weakly premium are... your yearly deductable are and co-pays please...thank you in advance
The company pays about $5.00 an hour toward my healthcare I pay a copay of $20 $10 for generic and $25 for non generic scripts. I pay nothing out of pocket for my healthcare other than copays

Can't disagree with you there. If you can get all of us qualified for a HSA, I'll buy ya a months worth of Sundrop..:1036316054:
Big Dave, we do qualify this year and from now on to sign up for a HSA account. It is like a 401k where they take it tax free .. Just google HSA account and how to set it up. i personally called HR and Cigna and they said our deductible are high enough to quality. Even Vanguard has an HSA account that u can sign up... I am opening one up in October of this year. The amount you can put in depends on whether your single or have family..

Big Dave, we do qualify this year and from now on to sign up for a HSA account. It is like a 401k where they take it tax free .. Just google HSA account and how to set it up. i personally called HR and Cigna and they said our deductible are high enough to quality. Even Vanguard has an HSA account that u can sign up... I am opening one up in October of this year. The amount you can put in depends on whether your single or have family..
Even if you're in the Premiere Plan? Or just the high deductible plan?
Thanks for the info.

At YRC, my healthcare care statement for 2017 showed just over 30k company contribution for my HMO/Kaiser, Western States. I pay $15 copay, 2M individual/4M family. Only UPS package has better Teamster coverage. I am $0 our of pocket, other than copay.
Woah! What? YRC pays THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLARS for your healthcare per year? Holy carp!! No wonder they are in the toilet!! That is an astronomical amount and perfectly exemplifies why union "Cadillac Plans" were exempt from paying the Obamacare tax!!

How about if YRC offered you an extra $1,000 a month in income if you accepted a lower coverage? Just asking to see if people would negotiate such an outlandish amount for healthcare.

Does this not bother anyone else? Just accept the fact your union is paying $30k A YEAR in coverage for one family?

Hell, give me $12K and I'll self-insure!!!!!

Woah! What? YRC pays THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLARS for your healthcare per year? Holy carp!! No wonder they are in the toilet!! That is an astronomical amount and perfectly exemplifies why union "Cadillac Plans" were exempt from paying the Obamacare tax!!

How about if YRC offered you an extra $1,000 a month in income if you accepted a lower coverage? Just asking to see if people would negotiate such an outlandish amount for healthcare.

Does this not bother anyone else? Just accept the fact your union is paying $30k A YEAR in coverage for one family?

Go ahead and drown in debt should one of your family members suffer even a minimal catastrophic event.

I sleep soundly knowing my medical needs are met to the fullest.

Lmao seriously... guess you don't have a clue what health care Bill's cost these days with our crap plan from fed ex.

Go ahead and drown in debt should one of your family members suffer even a minimal catastrophic event.

I sleep soundly knowing my medical needs are met to the fullest.
That's awesome. However, if YRC goes down the tubes then you'll have NO healthcare. But then that really doesn't matter does it because then you'll expect the government to come in and rescue your pension and your healthcare.

All I was saying is that a one-size fits all plan may not work for everyone and costs more money.

If I'm young and healthy and want to get a plan that doesn't cost half that AND that would put money in my pocket, what's wrong with that? A win/win for both the company and the employee.

Lmao seriously... guess you don't have a clue what health care Bill's cost these days with our crap plan from fed ex.

The max out of pocket costs for healthcare with our plan is $3200 for an individual plan or $9600 for a family. If you can't raise that much if you have a major medical problem in one year than you're not saving any cash at all.

Oh, and CT, you'll be happy to learn that FedEx now covers Transgender Reassignment surgery. You may want to schedule that in case FedEx "yanks" it away next year.

That's awesome. However, if YRC goes down the tubes then you'll have NO healthcare. But then that really doesn't matter does it because then you'll expect the government to come in and rescue your pension and your healthcare.

If ANY company goes down the tubes, the employees will have NO healthcare.

I have no expectation of any government ‘rescue’ of either my pension or my healthcare.

‘dsh69 said:
All I was saying is that a one-size fits all plan may not work for everyone and costs more money.

If I'm young and healthy and want to get a plan that doesn't cost half that AND that would put money in my pocket, what's wrong with that? A win/win for both the company and the employee.

If you are comfortable with your plan, I am happy for you.

If ANY company goes down the tubes, the employees will have NO healthcare.
My point being that a company struggling under $30K a year costs for EACH employee's healthcare has got to be teetering.

I had a cadillac plan that covered a major medical issue several years ago. My total bill was over $70K. My plan covered all of it. However, I paid over $400 a month for medical and dental. Today with FedEx I pay about $70 a month and my max out of pocket is $3200.

I'll take my chances.