Holland | Could we been in for a company merger?

Buy out or merger ??? Don't know if any of it will happen , but do know we are on a death spiral down with the inability to here Driver's !! as here's a clue no driver's no company period !!

David Ross

Jim, could you, I guess talk about maybe the consolidation of the Holland facilities into New Penn and YRC, I read about somewhere last week and also streamlining some of the middle management structure in terms of – I guess, continued to match freight volumes with labor and everything?

James Welch

Sure, I would be happy to. Number one, we have not consolidated anything from a physical network structure and to anyone of the other companies, all four companies today remain independent. What we did do however, was take the opportunity to realize the improvements that we have had from process, improvements in technology to right size our business, which we consider kind of a normal course of business. Certainly, the adjustments that we made were certainly carefully analyzed and we used a consistent methodology across all four operating companies that really centered on span of control, number of direct reports and things like that. So we certainly took all into consideration. We only made any sort of decision once we knew that we are certainly clear from a cost and service benefit to help our business out. But there is really no network integration at all. There could be some facilities where we have the capacity to share and we will be looking at some things like that, but really just a normal way rightsizing of the business, which we were happy to be able to do from the improvements that we made with our technology and processes.

David Ross

Okay. So that’s not as if you are shutting down some facilities in Holland, you put that freight in New Penn and YRC Freight?

James Welch

Not at all. Nothing can be further from the truth, no, nothing at all. I want to be real clear. Nothing is being done to change the physical structure of the networks Holland, New Penn, Reddaway, YRC Freight, all operating independently, so we haven’t wrote that article, didn’t quite have that right.

uGCNp06.jpg
NO merger they are just farming out more loads lately !

Who do you think is merging?
a merger of the yrc companies into one entity would likely be a disaster for the employees, the brands each have their own niche's and relations to their customers. you merge these companies together and in my estimation there would be alot of business lost, and therefore alot of jobs lost. the only winners would be our competition.

much the same there isnt a huge benefit to any comany large enough to buy all or part of yrc for similar reasons including the debt,pay scale,pension issues,employee morale and avg age.

nobody is buying yrc with a billion dollars in debt and an inability to even consistently earn a profit let alone restore wages.

David Ross

Jim, could you, I guess talk about maybe the consolidation of the Holland facilities into New Penn and YRC, I read about somewhere last week and also streamlining some of the middle management structure in terms of – I guess, continued to match freight volumes with labor and everything?

James Welch

Sure, I would be happy to. Number one, we have not consolidated anything from a physical network structure and to anyone of the other companies, all four companies today remain independent. What we did do however, was take the opportunity to realize the improvements that we have had from process, improvements in technology to right size our business, which we consider kind of a normal course of business. Certainly, the adjustments that we made were certainly carefully analyzed and we used a consistent methodology across all four operating companies that really centered on span of control, number of direct reports and things like that. So we certainly took all into consideration. We only made any sort of decision once we knew that we are certainly clear from a cost and service benefit to help our business out. But there is really no network integration at all. There could be some facilities where we have the capacity to share and we will be looking at some things like that, but really just a normal way rightsizing of the business, which we were happy to be able to do from the improvements that we made with our technology and processes.

David Ross

Okay. So that’s not as if you are shutting down some facilities in Holland, you put that freight in New Penn and YRC Freight?

James Welch

Not at all. Nothing can be further from the truth, no, nothing at all. I want to be real clear. Nothing is being done to change the physical structure of the networks Holland, New Penn, Reddaway, YRC Freight, all operating independently, so we haven’t wrote that article, didn’t quite have that right.
This guy Ross always seems to try and dig up dirt on yrc and the regionals. Yeah,he is so smart he probably read that 8 year news that Holland pulled out of NE on here,but didn't read the whole thread. Imagine that. An industry analyst,duped by a bunch of truck drivers...

a merger of the yrc companies into one entity would likely be a disaster for the employees, the brands each have their own niche's and relations to their customers. you merge these companies together and in my estimation there would be alot of business lost, and therefore alot of jobs lost. the only winners would be our competition.

much the same there isnt a huge benefit to any comany large enough to buy all or part of yrc for similar reasons including the debt,pay scale,pension issues,employee morale and avg age.

nobody is buying yrc with a billion dollars in debt and an inability to even consistently earn a profit let alone restore wages.

In 2005 Roadway was a 3.3 billion dollar company by itself. What have they got for half billion more 4 company's short on drivers short on equipment and short on money. If you lost two company's management and sold off all the terminals they did not need and started hauling a good freight mix (no junk) you could have almost as much revenue and more profit. But with clowns in KC running the show it's a slow death you'll see a bigger loss in the first quarter this year. You don't buy a company that' has this many problems. Customers see price and service not brands.

(in millions)
Roadway Express
2005 / 2004
Operating revenue
$ 3,321.1 / $ 3,119.9

Look at ABF at 2.7 billion 2015 75 million profit and paying in the pension bigger not always better.

In 2005 Roadway was a 3.3 billion dollar company by itself. What have they got for half billion more 4 company's short on drivers short on equipment and short on money. If you lost two company's management and sold off all the terminals they did not need and started hauling a good freight mix (no junk) you could have almost as much revenue and more profit. But with clowns in KC running the show it's a slow death you'll see a bigger loss in the first quarter this year. You don't buy a company that' has this many problems. Customers see price and service not brands.

(in millions)
Roadway Express
2005 / 2004
Operating revenue
$ 3,321.1 / $ 3,119.9

Look at ABF at 2.7 billion 2015 75 million profit and paying in the pension bigger not always better.

the customers see price, service AND brands, im sure if youve been to more than a handful of places there are customers that will literally NOT ship yrc but theyll ship via holland and any other combo imaginable. i have heard it all, i was at an automotive dealer and they wont order thru fedex because they kept rcv glass windows broken during shipping. one customer i was delivering to was surprised to see me, they told me they NEVER ship holland due to issues that they have had. all of these companies are very similar in what they provide, alot of it is name recognition and loyalty. i agree that there is alot of efficiency to be gained in combining operations due to excess management,property etc but we WOULD lose freight and there would end up being too many drivers.

When they combined Yellow and Roadway to become YRC Freight it was a disaster, freight was lost in their system for weeks,
And they lost customers. Customers that didn't like Yellow or Roadway didn't change their minds because they were combined to become YRC. If they try to combine regionals into YRC its goodbye to the freight and customers that the regionals serve. Just an opinion.

Yrc combining the regionals now,would probably work out as well as when roadway combined Spartan,Coles,Central,and Viking.....not going to happen.
It's just a matter of time as ,History shows wage give backs & Companies that do it don't last ,think longest one was like 10 yrs maybe ??? and it's really showing it's ugly head lately with Holland daily Operations or should LACK there of !!:6788:

They said the exact same thing about yellow and roadway.

Yrc combining the regionals now,would probably work out as well as when roadway combined Spartan,Coles,Central,and Viking.....not going to happen.
Just remember, this company hasn't always made the best business decisions, still cleaning up the rdwy/yellow mess after how many years, think it would make no sense to combine regionals,but has anything they do make sense,that's the scary part

It's just a matter of time as ,History shows wage give backs & Companies that do it don't last ,think longest one was like 10 yrs maybe ??? and it's really showing it's ugly head lately with Holland daily Operations or should LACK there of !!:6788:
Yep linehaul drivers sitting at home in alot of terminals. We still have 5 that hasn't worked this week but we have a NEW VICTIM starting Monday? ??? :wtflol: