Yellow | Crash & Burn

screwy louiey

TB Veteran
Credits
Since the change we been operating 1 driver short of the we were required to have. We submitted a proposal to the company that we could still move the frt and cover the loads with us being short one driver.

The proposals submitted had 3 drivers doing the work of 4 on this lane we serviced. No HOS violation, but extra miles and cut down the bed time and the frt was making service with the loads being covered.

Saw the problem gave a solution showed the cost and monies saved and improved the operations. proposal was a win win situation for the company and drivers with both sides getting what they want. This was just one of the few proposal that could be tweaked and it was shot out of the air like duck during duck season.

Can't beleive a suit can just say "good idea thanks for the suggestion I am sure it will work.". Guess I care too much to make a difference in their eyes.

Hey SL.......just asking because I don't know.......can't you file a grevience on this? I know freight is going to slow down, but when it picks back up later you guys will still need that driver and maybe more!?! DS.

Hey SL.......just asking because I don't know.......can't you file a grevience on this? I know freight is going to slow down, but when it picks back up later you guys will still need that driver and maybe more!?! DS.

Right now theres a crossover posted for the position which I think no one will take. I could be wrong but then if no one crosses over it will be posted as a vacancy in the district so someone on layoff in district 3 can be offer it. Should see something next week if it is still avail

screwy louie I showed the so called people doing the change at the meetings I was at and all I got was[From one of the VP's]was I can show you numbers to.we asked to see them he got pissed of and left.I showed them on one run buy not having to move anyone the company could save over a half millon dollars just buy putting drivers on set runs and starting times.this was on only one run.

Experience looking at you

Sad part of it gopher is when we speak we speak the truth about what we know from experience not some college educated guess. As in life there is the book answer and the real world answer.

If some off the so called people who call the shots will take a minute to look and listen to the people closest to the task (EEFB lingo) and "see over 100 years of experience, looking them in the face and I'm only talking about a handful of Teamsters.:ontopic:

When are yall gonna learn ? We,uns is jest truck driva's. We ain't sposed to know nuthin'.
Jest 'cause yall been hind thu wheel all 'em yars, don't give yall no extra learnin'.
Even if'n we been to da college, they's aint gonna listen real close to what you say.
" yall jest haul freight, we'uns will call tha shots "