Holland | cross docking

POKER FACE

TB Lurker
Credits
linehaul drivers are cross docking freight on a regular basis in allentown. when caught , the company is paying 2 1/2 hours. they are saying that is standard company wide. can anyone tell me if that is true?

Are you talking about when the terminal is dark? If that is the case yes the road drivers have been doing that for years, and I mean a lot of years. That is Holland practice.

No that is not the pratice in hollands dark terminals. It only happens when a driver allows a dispatcher to get away with it. If it is brought to the dispatchers attention and the driver is told to do it anyway,the appropriate action should be taken and filed on. Some dispatchers will take advantage of a driver if possible and its up to the driver to call him out on this.

usf-indy said:
No that is not the pratice in hollands dark terminals. It only happens when a driver allows a dispatcher to get away with it. If it is brought to the dispatchers attention and the driver is told to do it anyway,the appropriate action should be taken and filed on. Some dispatchers will take advantage of a driver if possible and its up to the driver to call him out on this.

Thanks USF_INDY for telling them that. The dispatcher will get away with what ever the driver lets get away with. I agree that this is not the Holland practice.:USA:

usf-indy said:
ok then explain the hoffa dispatch everyone from the former red star refers to :owned:

Steve the hoffa dispatch procedure that addresses the original saturday dispatch for sunday runs and then continues to describe mon-fri dispatch does not allow cross docking.A holland driver may go into a dark terminal and drop frt to the dock from his trailer and may pic up frt from the dock,but not take frt from another loaded trl to his or load his drop to another trl (crosdocking). Like it was mentioned in earlier post of this thread it is commonly known for some dispatchers to try and get away with this practice and its up to the driver to inform dispatch it's in violation of the agreement.
The hoffa dispatch rules were agreed to in 1953 and revised in 1956. If you would like a copy of these or any other work rules followed here at holland please pm me and I'll take care of your request.

usf-indy said:
Steve the hoffa dispatch procedure that addresses the original saturday dispatch for sunday runs and then continues to describe mon-fri dispatch does not allow cross docking.A holland driver may go into a dark terminal and drop frt to the dock from his trailer and may pic up frt from the dock,but not take frt from another loaded trl to his or load his drop to another trl (crosdocking). Like it was mentioned in earlier post of this thread it is commonly known for some dispatchers to try and get away with this practice and its up to the driver to inform dispatch it's in violation of the agreement.
The hoffa dispatch rules were agreed to in 1953 and revised in 1956. If you would like a copy of these or any other work rules followed here at holland please pm me and I'll take care of your request.

thanx for the explanation bro
what it sounds like is exactly what the abf premium service work rules entail for the pse employee
in pse only the pse freight can be handled and not any core freight
the only difference from what i gather is that our linehaual guys do not do this as since your {usf holland} company is a regional carrier your line drivers are very similar to our pse guys
your company seems to be what abf wants to create inside of its long haul network, a regional capable division that is fully integrated into the long haul operation:showoff:
it seems hoffa sr actually instituted the premiun service idea way back when
amazing though that it is only now catching on with the big boys:bicycle:

usf-indy said:
You want to bring it to dispatch attention that it is crossdocking . But ,you can't refuse work so after you tell them its crossdocking and they tell you to do it. you do the work take down all information and leave a note to stewart or senior city man so he can get paid for the work.

Absolutley correct.Barfly hit the nail right on the head plus the road driver can collect time spent. It seems nothing gets a companies attention quicker than paying twice for the same service.

The senior man has collected 8 hrs a few times in WB. 1 question, if a road driver comes into his home dark terminal on sundaynite and has to build his load from say 2-3 ther trailers is this then crossdocking also?:22: :BinLaden-Cow:

jr webe said:
The senior man has collected 8 hrs a few times in WB. 1 question, if a road driver comes into his home dark terminal on sundaynite and has to build his load from say 2-3 ther trailers is this then crossdocking also?:22: :BinLaden-Cow:

Yes this would be crossdocking. Anytime you take freight off trailer and and load it on another trailer and break loads this is cross docking.

Like USF-Indy said we can kick freight onto the dock and we can load off the dock, But not from trailer to trailer.