Central Transport | CT/ Bath Pa,

Hey, "Daysofglory", I copy that good buddy. Only 81/2 years at Vitran/Pjax here, but still it was sad. I think we all deep inside was hoping Vitran would pull through somehow, even all the complaining we did for not getting a fair pay raise. Even without a raise we went out everyday, and did our jobs. It really wasn't our fault. Like "Jackknife" said, it was upper management that wasn't making right decisions. When the "dust" settles at CT (whenever that might be?) I really don't think there will be many, if any, Vitran drivers left. At the detroit barn I think they're losing on an average of 2 to 3 drivers per week, but maybe more. That's just a guess. I know for fact last week I heard from reliable source 3 had left, or ready to leave for new jobs. I left for a new job. But to be totally honest with you that even if I didn't have a job lined up I didn't think I could've endured one more week at that most miserable, detestable, rotten hell hole of a place I ever worked for. I cannot explain it, but the place seemed like it had a dark cloud hanging over it. Heck, can I say it, like an evil entity of some type. Hey, any body else on the forum felt the same as me, or am I being a little extreme. What can I say, I am an emotional guy, and speak from the heart. Since I am speaking from the heart I would like to say, I will miss some of the guys I came to know at Vitran (and we did have a bunch of good guys too). Who knows maybe some where down the road we might bump into one another again. You like they say, "it's a small world after all". I wish the best to all those with new jobs, and hope all the others find new ones soon. Those who decide to stay on I wish you God speed because without God's grace I really don't know how you'll make it very long there.

great description. this is by far the worse driving job, in fact any job i ever had. i found out first hand what the reputation of c.t. that i was hearing on the street to be true. management clueless, ruling by threats and intimidation. an owner who is a crook by trait, getting over on his workforce to turn a profit. a pay and benefit structure that forces you to give your life to make a decent living and in return leaves you feeling miserable and burned out.

Hey, "Daysofglory", I copy that good buddy. Only 81/2 years at Vitran/Pjax here, but still it was sad. I think we all deep inside was hoping Vitran would pull through somehow, even all the complaining we did for not getting a fair pay raise. Even without a raise we went out everyday, and did our jobs. It really wasn't our fault. Like "Jackknife" said, it was upper management that wasn't making right decisions. When the "dust" settles at CT (whenever that might be?) I really don't think there will be many, if any, Vitran drivers left. At the detroit barn I think they're losing on an average of 2 to 3 drivers per week, but maybe more. That's just a guess. I know for fact last week I heard from reliable source 3 had left, or ready to leave for new jobs. I left for a new job. But to be totally honest with you that even if I didn't have a job lined up I didn't think I could've endured one more week at that most miserable, detestable, rotten hell hole of a place I ever worked for. I cannot explain it, but the place seemed like it had a dark cloud hanging over it. Heck, can I say it, like an evil entity of some type. Hey, any body else on the forum felt the same as me, or am I being a little extreme. What can I say, I am an emotional guy, and speak from the heart. Since I am speaking from the heart I would like to say, I will miss some of the guys I came to know at Vitran (and we did have a bunch of good guys too). Who knows maybe some where down the road we might bump into one another again. You like they say, "it's a small world after all". I wish the best to all those with new jobs, and hope all the others find new ones soon. Those who decide to stay on I wish you God speed because without God's grace I really don't know how you'll make it very long there.

As much as I would LOVE to keep the guys together by pulling together to make this company great, I cannot in good conscience suggest that or be a part of it. Your description of Central is (unfortunately) entirely accurate. Mistreatment of employees is no way to run any company. Congratulations on your new job... We DID HAVE A GREAT GROUP OF GUYS, and we wish you the very best, brother.

Yeah...the worst part of getting a new job is leaving old friends behind. I feel for all the drivers that are stuck at CT Louisville for one reason or another, I wish them well and hopefully, one day, they'll find the escape hatch I did.

The one thing I have learned is, CT employees might be happy, but that's only because they'll never experienced working for a good company....they just don't know any better.