Yellow | Current events we want to discuss here

[size=18pt]Candidates vying for a driver's job, which pays an average of $74,000 annually, now spend one week at Integrad, an 11,500-square-foot, low-slung brick UPS training center 10 miles outside of Washington, D.C. There they move from one station to another practicing the company's "340 Methods," prescribed by UPS industrial engineers to save seconds and improve safety in every task from lifting and loading boxes to selecting a package from a shelf in the truck.

MK-BC185_UPS1_G_20100405174254.jpg
[size=18pt]UPS drivers learn to walk on ice with the help of a "slip and fall" simulator, which combines a greased floor with slippery shoes.[/size]

[size=12pt]where they drive a real truck and must successfully execute five deliveries in 19 minutes.

UPS allows 15.5 seconds to park a truck and retrieve one package from the cargo, which is arranged in order of delivery.

UPS requires drivers to wear keys on their ring fingers to avoid wasting time searching for them.

Mr. Gossman got a pat on the back from UPS supervisor, Peggy Emmart. "I saw you identify that competitor package," she said.
"I saw that FedEx package and went, click, let's get 'em," said Mr. Gossman.

FedEx Corp. says it, too, has moved toward more hands-on learning in the past five years, although it adds the change wasn't prompted by a high failure rate among trainees.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303912104575164573823418844.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Re: Current events we want to discuss here

Oh thats Somalia.� At first, I thought that was Detroit, MI.

I thought it was Oakland, CA.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

About Snopes.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snopes.com

Snopes is run by Barbara and David Mikkelson,[3] a California couple who met on the alt.folklore.urban newsgroup.[4] The site is organized according to topic and includes a message board where stories and pictures of questionable veracity may be posted. The Mikkelsons also founded the San Fernando Valley Folklore Society, and were credited as the owners of the site until 2005.

Want power?
bored-out direct-injection twin-turbocharged V12 (displacing 6.6 liters here) 563 hp and 575 pound-feet of torque.
rolls-royce-silver-ghost-aka-rr4-to-be-available-in-coupe-con.jpg

Assuming your budget is that of, say, Bermuda. Still, the $245,000 base price Rolls Ghost (figure $300,000 with shearling-wool floormats) is well below Rolls' Phantom line ($380,000 for the base sedan, $450,000 for the extended wheelbase) and offers comparable interior room and scads more performance.

1907_Rolls_Royce_Silver_Ghost.jpg

1907 Silver Ghost​

Super-High Alcohol Beer Heads to the U.S.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20100411/us_time/08599197870500

Thanks to a war between European brewing companies, it's never been easier to catch a healthy beer buzz. Or get yourself totally sloshed. In November BrewDog, a Scottish microbrewery started three years ago, released a new brand, dubbed Tactical Nuclear Penguin. The beer set a new record by weighing in at a scary 32% alcohol-by-volume, over six times the strength of familiar domestic brands like Budweiser. As explained on a cheeky video on the company's website (warning: the clip contains simulated penguin sex), the brewery was able to attain such a high alcohol content for its product by freezing the beer at a local ice cream factory, at temperatures as low as -6 degrees, for 21 days. Alcohol freezes at lower temperatures than water, and removing water from the solution increased the alcohol concentration.

Beer vs Water

To my friends who enjoy a beer.. . And those who don't, as Ben Franklin said:

In wine there is wisdom

In beer there is freedom

In water there are bacteria

In a number of carefully controlled trials , Scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day , At the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli , (E. Coli) - bacteria found in feces.

In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop.

However, we do NOT run that risk when Drinking beer & wine (or tequila , rum , whisky or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification Process of boiling , filtering and/or fermenting.

So Remember

Water = Poop, Beer = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink beer and talk stupid, Than to drink water and be full of ::shit::.

So Drink, talk stupid and be Healthy!!!!

Somali pirates seize 3 Thai ships with 77 crew

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/piracy

NAIROBI, Kenya – Somali pirates hijacked three Thai fishing vessels with 77 crew aboard more than 1,200 miles (1,930 kilometers) from the Somali coast, the farthest-off-shore attack to date, the EU Naval Force said Tuesday