Yellow | Current Master Freight Contract

sometimes its not all about the money or contract .sometimes its about if you are being treated well or like a pos

There is no master freight contract. Hoffa Sr created it, Hoffa Jr destroyed it. And the rank and file bought into it. And then you wonder why us non-union folk won't join. Imagine that.
ST,...If you read this thread, I'm sure you read the Pilot Grievance Thread. This is what occurs when there is an Collective Bargaining Agreement. When there is a dispute, both parties sit down and work it out according to the language set forth in the Contract.
There is much more to Our NMFA Contract than monies, vacation weeks, Health & Welfare and Pension. Although, the Pension is paramount and will need to be addressed very soon. I don't know if you've ever seen one of our "Books", but you would be impressed as to what is spelled out in black & white.

As far as J. P. Hoffa destroying it, I don't feel this way. This is just my opinion, and many of my Brothers/Sisters surely will disagree with me, as is their right to do so. But no matter what, we will always stand shoulder to shoulder. We are part of something greater than just one person. And this includes ABF, UPSF, UPS, Cassen and Jack Roberts, etc., etc.

"This is what occurs when there is an Collective Bargaining Agreement. When there is a dispute, both parties sit down and work it out according to the language set forth in the Contract."
you forgot to finish the paragraph .
and the unions says yup they can do that,
and we say wait that cant be right and they say "but you voted for it "

"This is what occurs when there is an Collective Bargaining Agreement. When there is a dispute, both parties sit down and work it out according to the language set forth in the Contract."

So LB, What exactly are you saying ? I don't want to guess. A) Union Contract or B) work non Union and hope the Company or more to the point your immediate Supervisor likes you ? And every time you get a new Super that he will also like you. ? or C) Every time the decision on your grievance goes against you, replace the Union Reps. ? Not looking for an argument, just wondering where you come down on this ?

I take the good with the bad, you can't win every Battle. What say You ?

then you didn't have a grievance, you had a complaint, OR, a poorly worded grievance that will get thrown in the garbage anyway....

wish we had all the great locals that 2 0r 3 out of 200 say they have .because the rest can tell you it has nothing to do with wording and all to do with being sold out to the company by they locals

were not being sold out by the local . we are just not pressing there hand hard enough if you want to get things done just need every borther and sister on same page . now if you have a greavance and it is important to the barn . then get everyboby to take a day off sick,or vac, to go to greavance . makes it harded to say know or to work out back door deals that way . it showes unity and that is the only way you will get what you want or get closer to getting it . A TEAMSTERS WORST ENEMY IS A TEAMSTER

now if you have a greavance and it is important to the barn . then get everyboby to take a day off sick,or vac, to go to greavance
Give that one a try and report back on how it works out.

From my standpoint our union sucks. It sucks at the local level, middle level and at the top. I don't blame a single, solitary worker for not wanting to join us with the product that is being offered. My previous B/A used to go to grievance hearings without even doing any research or putting a cast together. He was incapable and incompetent and the Pres of the Local just let it all happen. The extent of his work was to send a letter to the company asking for everything that the company had related to the grievance. And of course they responded, "We have nothing". I explained to him that he needed to ask for specific info and documents and that he had requested what is known as a 'fishing expedition' to no avail. Grievances affected all at the barn and nobody else stepped up to be heard. Current B/A is a UPSer and doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, we are at the mercy of the company and thank God we have a decent manager. :soapbox:

Give that one a try and report back on how it works out.

From my standpoint our union sucks. It sucks at the local level, middle level and at the top. I don't blame a single, solitary worker for not wanting to join us with the product that is being offered. My previous B/A used to go to grievance hearings without even doing any research or putting a cast together. He was incapable and incompetent and the Pres of the Local just let it all happen. The extent of his work was to send a letter to the company asking for everything that the company had related to the grievance. And of course they responded, "We have nothing". I explained to him that he needed to ask for specific info and documents and that he had requested what is known as a 'fishing expedition' to no avail. Grievances affected all at the barn and nobody else stepped up to be heard. Current B/A is a UPSer and doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, we are at the mercy of the company and thank God we have a decent manager. :soapbox:
Sorry to hear about your **** poor representation at your local level, unfortunately many suffer because of it. Just remember not to forget the incompetence of that outfit come your locals next election cycle. Good luck

No one else would stand up and say anything? Apathy IS our biggest problem.

How long have you felt this way, i have a feeling a few years ago you felt different?
Nope, nobody else would chime in but that is the way it is here. Many will complain but if it means that they have to put their name on a grievance they decline and just eat it.

I have felt this way for most of my 20+ year career here at ABF and some before. My local has had a long reputation for being less than stellar in representation. There were a few years where it was better but the UPS president at that time fixed that for us too. We could sit and chat for hours on how bad it has been and you probably would consider me just a complainer when I was done.

I'll give you one example for now:
Company used to have DOT drug tests done on site by a nurse in a camper. Test completed and left on secretary's desk for over 24 hours (0900-0900 next day). Overnight sup hates me and had access to the test kit. I file grievance and long story short B/A declares secretary's desk a USPS mailbox and that there is no way test could have been tampered with. Contract has clear language on it. This is a no ::shit::, true story.

Nope, nobody else would chime in but that is the way it is here. Many will complain but if it means that they have to put their name on a grievance they decline and just eat it.

I have felt this way for most of my 20+ year career here at ABF and some before. My local has had a long reputation for being less than stellar in representation. There were a few years where it was better but the UPS president at that time fixed that for us too. We could sit and chat for hours on how bad it has been and you probably would consider me just a complainer when I was done.

Company used to have DOT drug tests done on site by a nurse in a camper. Test completed and left on secretary's desk for over 24 hours (0900-0900 next day). Overnight sup hates me and had access to the test kit. I file grievance and long story short B/A declares secretary's desk a USPS mailbox and that there is no way test could have been tampered with. Contract has clear language on it. This is a no :::shit:::, true story.
My Brother, the sample bottle gets a security seal that you initial. That gets put into the box with another seal that you initial. It would be very elementary to tell if the seals have been broken.....if so......the test is invalid, throw out the results and re-do. The testing site will not accept any kit with broken seals.

My Brother, the sample bottle gets a security seal that you initial. That gets put into the box with another seal that you initial. It would be very elementary to tell if the seals have been broken.....if so......the test is invalid, throw out the results and re-do. The testing site will not accept any kit with broken seals.
OOO I know all of that. Now would you feel that way if your kit laid out in the open for over 24 hours and your sup wanted to get rid of you?

OOO I know all of that. Now would you feel that way if your kit laid out in the open for over 24 hours and your sup wanted to get rid of you?
Ok, feeling persecuted is a whole other issue.
I had a test bungled when I first transferred to Hsbg. by the Nurse. I didn't get into a pissing contest with her. I walked out of the office and called one of our very capable road stewards and explained the situation to him. The following week, as they say in Church basements on Sat. night,...Bingo, they sent me again, no problem.
The processing facility [lab] has an obligation to hold their end of the deal up.

Company used to have DOT drug tests done on site by a nurse in a camper. Test completed and left on secretary's desk for over 24 hours (0900-0900 next day). Overnight sup hates me and had access to the test kit. I file grievance and long story short B/A declares secretary's desk a USPS mailbox and that there is no way test could have been tampered with. Contract has clear language on it. This is a no :::shit:::, true story.

That sucks. What local?