Yellow | customer loss!!!

Supermac

TB Regular
Credits
I, would like to know why a company that keeps telling me that they want to expand, yet continues to lose customers, has no repercussion on the sales force or lets anthoer carrier take a good account from us with out a battle. We alway hear about the good news but we never hear of the bad news other than we lost them. (I personally wanna see the comapny succeed and prosper, but mgmt will nver tell us ey we lost a customer.) we never know why we lost them, I think that the comapny is too embarrased to tell us that hey secrewed up or will not hire people to cover the freight. I hope that someone feels the same way that i do and can add comments to this post! Hope fully some positive and I hope mgmt sees this and does something about it!:1036316054:

Good post, supermac..............I have heard p+d dispatchers on the phone with customers before.

I don't know the whole story because I was just passing through, but what I could gather the customer wanted their freight picked up that day by RDWY. After the dispatcher finished the conversation, they hung up the phone and said out loud......."you won't get your freight picked up today". Now again, I don't know the specifics but I don't understand the arrogance with this company when it comes to the customer. DS.

didn't you know this is their new business theory. they would rather lose customers than hire a full time guy or bring a extra board guy in to work. makes sense to me. NOT..... ever sense yellow has tightened it's noose i have not got their business plan or lack there of.

YRC will lose or gain customer's due to aggressive pricing / FAK or lack of. If the the freight is continually plagued with damages / lost / not delivered on time etc

welcome to the circus

yrc is in total dissaray,they are offering a premium service to the customer,for no exta cost (vilocity frieght).but if you seen the way the utiltyguys are loading thier frieght there is nothing premium about it. damages are going through the roof,and on top of that ,these trailors arent even full.so your cost is going up more damages and less frieght on these trailors.now throw in this merger, how are they going to combine both operations and lay these docks out to affectively service vilocity,city and hub frieght.the utility position is not working bad planning on management,so i have no faith that this is going to be any better.

yrc is in total dissaray,they are offering a premium service to the customer,for no exta cost (vilocity frieght).but if you seen the way the utiltyguys are loading thier frieght there is nothing premium about it. damages are going through the roof,and on top of that ,these trailors arent even full.so your cost is going up more damages and less frieght on these trailors.now throw in this merger, how are they going to combine both operations and lay these docks out to affectively service vilocity,city and hub frieght.the utility position is not working bad planning on management,so i have no faith that this is going to be any better.

The same scenario exists within our competitors systems and situations we don't know exists but impair their ability to deliver a guarantee. Its how we'll gain or lose market share.