Reddaway | Cut runs and layoffs

USA TRKR

TB Veteran
Credits
Well, just heard the 4 Wendover runs have been cut from Sacramento (non-union) and looks like Oakland(union) will be picking them up. Sound familiar????Way to go Sac.

2 Sac drivers laid off in the last few days and 2 more looking to be laid off.

Its looking really grim folks. Thanks to the idiots that voted the union out in Sac. If Sac was union they could have possibly kept those Wendover runs.
:nutkick:

No, they would have kept them. The company would have to justify to the Teamsters, canceling those runs. With a non-union terminal, the company doesn't have to justify anything to anyone.

The funny thing is, (I mean not funny, ha ha but you know) those drivers coming through from OAK are gonna take all of that east bound freight that SAC has. I saw the same thing happen with LAX and LOS.

good luck to the poor guy who moved to run the double SLC out of wendover.the only jobs in that crapp hole involve cards and a cocktail dress.anyone who would move to a satelite area for reddaway needs to have a catscan.

wendover jobs

good luck to the poor guy who moved to run the double SLC out of wendover.the only jobs in that crapp hole involve cards and a cocktail dress.anyone who would move to a satelite area for reddaway needs to have a catscan.
Hey you can make some real good money in a cocktail dress:hysterical: maybe a whole lot more than driving, especially if its a mini skrit!!!!

How sad is that...

Thats exactly what happened. The wendover guys stayed home last night. Both voted out the union.

TO VOTE THE TEAMSTERS OUT AND LOOSE YOUR RUN, IT LOOKS LIKE ALL THAT (:butt kiss:) DIDNT PAY OFF! THATS WHATS GREAT ABOUT YRC ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY! DUM-SAC-515 IS THE ONLY BARN TO EVER DESERT FROM THE TEAMSTERS,LET THIS BE A LESSON TO THE (:butt kiss:):funky::funky:

Want to know whats even better. They refuse to admit that they lost their runs because they are not union. So instead they are now fighting among themselves blaming a senior driver saying he didn't run the run correctly so its his fault they took the Wendover runs away.... Some will never learn. They are complaining about going south though.........Gotta love it......... Way to Go Sac........

How can you not run the run the way your suppose to? If they mess up that bad how did they make it to be senior drivers? lol

He did nothing wrong and has been with the company for years and years. You can't run the run wrong. You go there and you come back. Its a line bid for crying out loud. They just can't seem to wrap their brains around the fact they were stupid and now they lost their highest paying bid run. I guess thats what happens when you vote out the union because you think the company will help your sorry butt. Guess they were wrong..........
:nutkick:

This is just simply amazing. The sad thing is, I've got friends in that terminal that voted NO. What's sadder is that those friends won't answer or return my calls.:GrowUp: Sounds like maybe they're ashamed? I just don't know. :shrug:

I run out that way, and I can tell you right now it wasn't the fault of the senior driver. The run makes no sense to begin with. The run goes from SAC to Wendover. There were two runs going out on each side of the board, with one turn driver in Wendover. When the drivers get to wendover it takes about 4.5 hours for the turn driver to get to SLC and back. The freight sits in the yard for another 5.5 hours waiting for the driver in the hotel to come alive. If I leave SAC the same time as a SAC driver, and both of our trucks go to SLC, I'm back in the bay 4.5 hours earlier than the SAC driver is in SAC, and they cant cover any bay area freight. On top of that they will almost always pull mty's back which doesn't help the situation. Its a sad situation, but cold reality in an economy like this.

They want to say its the senior drivers because the senior drivers wanted to turn back on Thursday and Friday nights. When they did turn back its because someone had to and they were just exercising the privileges of being senior drivers. I was told by Gary H. Many times that the reason SAC did not run out east was because we needed them moving freight north and south. They were not in a strategic enough position to run east.

I'm not sure about the strategic statement. It will take the Oakland drivers 2-3 more hours both ways. Add snow and you will have "alot" of freight just sitting there stuck. The drivers will run out of hours if it snows alot, which it probably will. It was hard enough getting up there out of Sac when it snowed. This year it will be a mess with alot of stranded freight. That doesn't make sense to me.

Also you have 10 hour lays. If it takes the SLC driver 9 hours to do the turn then you only have 1 hour down time. Theres no way the fright would have to sit there no 5+ hours. I know it never did when hubby was doing the run. he was usually waiting for the turn driver for a 1/2 hour or so.

So on that alone I can't buy the strategic aspect or the hour aspect but we will see how it goes come snow time. I don't think it will go very well.

I'm not sure about the strategic statement. It will take the Oakland drivers 2-3 more hours both ways. Add snow and you will have "alot" of freight just sitting there stuck. The drivers will run out of hours if it snows alot, which it probably will. It was hard enough getting up there out of Sac when it snowed. This year it will be a mess with alot of stranded freight. That doesn't make sense to me.

Also you have 10 hour lays. If it takes the SLC driver 9 hours to do the turn then you only have 1 hour down time. Theres no way the fright would have to sit there no 5+ hours. I know it never did when hubby was doing the run. he was usually waiting for the turn driver for a 1/2 hour or so.

So on that alone I can't buy the strategic aspect or the hour aspect but we will see how it goes come snow time. I don't think it will go very well.

Ive been running this run for the past ten years. We don't run Wendover, we stop in Carlin NV. We have been running the runs much longer than SAC, and always successful. Carlin is 2.5 hours west of Wendover. It takes an average of 8-9 hours to get to Carlin from the bay. When the truck gets to Carlin, it takes the turn driver 9.5 - 10 hours to turn SLC. Therefore the truck never sits very long at all. The reason your Hubby was waiting for the driver to get back was because he was running the 2nd Wendover. The freight will sit, trust me. I've run the run many times and the freight always sits. Either the number one waits to re-certify and the freight sits, or the number two's freight will sit waiting for Ray to get back from his first trip to pick the second set going to SLC. Trust me the freight sits with a lot of down time.

As far as bay drivers not making Carlin because of inclement weather, this just does not happen. In the last ten years I have been running Carlin there has only been one time I was not able to make my lay over point. If we aren't making it no one else is either. Usually we will run US70 feather river canyon if Donner is closed. That is usually open. Bay/Stockton drivers have been running east bids much longer than SAC, because the runs are much more successful. Sorry, but this is the cold hard truth.

The run has been run from the bay successfully for 11+ years. Ive run it for the past ten!

Making it to Carlin is different than making it to Wendover. From Oakland its a 9+ hour drive. Any snow time (chaining) will eat up the hours. Oakland won't be able to use the 70 route as they will run out of hours. Doesn't matter much to me. It only affects us in the fact that runs got cut and now drivers got laid off. I still don't believe buy the strategic thing.

Making it to Carlin is different than making it to Wendover. From Oakland its a 9+ hour drive. Any snow time (chaining) will eat up the hours. Oakland won't be able to use the 70 route as they will run out of hours. Doesn't matter much to me. It only affects us in the fact that runs got cut and now drivers got laid off. I still don't believe buy the strategic thing.

Well OAK is not going to Wendover, because it doesn't matter who runs the run it makes no sense. Bay/Stockton drivers go to carlin and that is where we always have gone for strategic reasons. From OAK it would be 10.5-10.75 hours in good weather to wendover. Nobody got SAC's work, it wasn't moved to another terminal, it was cut because of mty miles, and freight sitting to long in Wendover.

I can assure you OAK is not getting them, but you speak true when you say if the union was in SAC they would at least temporarily retain their work until the change of ops went through. Companies usually win change of ops.

oak is going to run the freight to reno and they are opening 4 SLC-RENO laydowns.this is the way it should have been 3 years ago. gary H. screwed SLC like you would not beleive.