Estes | Cyberattack at Estes?

Wow what a mess this is, one that will be tough to come back from. The ELD’s in the trucks work but that’s it, no other computer systems nor phones nor websites are operable. City is delivering what little they can with hand written delivery receipts. Outbound / breakbulk and Linehaul are running with the straight BOL’s from the shipper. Central dispatch for all intents and purposes is useless, they have no idea what trailers are sitting where. The landscape is bleak at the moment and the volumes we had before this happened weren’t particularly all that strong. No extraboard at my barn has run all week so far and they normally all get out on their start day.

A lot of the bid run drivers have been told to sit at home and call in daily. Some are burning through their vacation days as just to have a check. Out of all the things that could go wrong i would of never expected this. It has literally brung us to a halt.

Happened to me at Holland when Yellow shut us down January 2022, my city peddle never was the same, I know Estes is better than Yellow but Good Luck to you all

A ransom attack happened a carrier I used to work for. The only thing that stayed online was the old IBM mainframe that handled payroll still and other basic applications. The IT manager said well I've been telling ownership for years this was going to happen and we need to upgrade. The hackers waited until the weekend when there were very people in the office before launching their attack.

I believe it started over the weekend at Estes. Saturday the dispatchers were cussing and having a fit that nothing was working right. Theres a lot of people not at work here either on the weekends. But Monday morning was a mad house and has been since then.