Holland | D.R.I.V.E. Contributions

Loon

TB Lurker
Credits
I've heard that some members are planning on stopping their contributions into this program possibly to send a message to the I.B.T. that they are not happy about the leadership.
I think this is a bad idea and will hurt us in the long run. We need those contributions to protect our interests. In Washington, money talks.
Please consider what this money is used for before you stop contributing.

Drive

I've heard that some members are planning on stopping their contributions into this program possibly to send a message to the I.B.T. that they are not happy about the leadership.
I think this is a bad idea and will hurt us in the long run. We need those contributions to protect our interests. In Washington, money talks.

Should members elect to send whatever message they may, it would seem that some expression of disatisifaction should be conveyed to the leadership.

We need leadership that protects "OUR INTERESTS" not their own.

Interrupting contributions for the short term does not mean forever.

And you are right, MONEY TALKS.

What has all of this money gotten us thus far? NAFTA passed with flying colors, pushed by a Democratic President. OUR interests aren't getting protected in the least. In fact, the Union isn't even protecting OUR interests. Just look at your "best contract ever"! While we are on the topic, what about the MILLIONS in the strike fund, that they will NEVER let us use. Do you think they are ever going to authorize a strike? And we didn't even get to vote on that fund, it was done during a "special" meeting, without our knowledge or consent. The state of affairs within our own union MAKES ME SICK!

705 Strike Fund

What has all of this money gotten us thus far? NAFTA passed with flying colors, pushed by a Democratic President. OUR interests aren't getting protected in the least. In fact, the Union isn't even protecting OUR interests. Just look at your "best contract ever"! While we are on the topic, what about the MILLIONS in the strike fund, that they will NEVER let us use. Do you think they are ever going to authorize a strike? And we didn't even get to vote on that fund, it was done during a "special" meeting, without our knowledge or consent. The state of affairs within our own union MAKES ME SICK!

Maybe we should change our by-laws and drastically reduce our contributions to the strike fund since we have no use for it for the next five years.

In 705 it has NO EXPIRATION Date. And it can be used elsewhere for various things outside of our local, at the leaderships discression. Thats worrysome.
Seems like a dollar a week should be sufficient.

And Yes, I think you are right, the International, considering what JH just did,
will more than likely NEVER let 705 have its autonomy again specifically going on strike.

Start the conversation

Maybe we should change our by-laws and drastically reduce our contributions to the strike fund since we have no use for it for the next five years.

In 705 it has NO EXPIRATION Date. And it can be used elsewhere for various things outside of our local, at the leaderships discression. Thats worrysome.
Seems like a dollar a week should be sufficient.

And Yes, I think you are right, the International, considering what JH just did,
will more than likely NEVER let 705 have its autonomy again specifically going on strike.

Start the conversation

The strike fund should contributions should be eliminated period!! With this "best contract ever",there will never ever be any need to use this fund for use it was intended. I can`t imagine how many millions have already been misused ,or misappropriated from it. We probably do not want to know!

D.R.I.V.E Contributions

Loon, our D.R.I.V.E. contributions also could help elect Barrack Hussein Obama. I do not want my contributions to help elect a candidate with no experience, a candidate that will tax us to death, a candidate that surrounded himself with former American terrorists ( Bill Ayers and his wife Bernardine Dhorn ) and just to add, the likes of Black Supremacists Jeremiah Wright and Louie Farrakhan. Besides why would I contribute to an organization that has stabbed the "brotherhood" in the back.

I say hold back on contributions, this is the only way that we can send
the International "Brotherhood ??" of Teamsters a well deserved message.:1036316054:

GBA:USA: "Political Correctness is a Social Disease" Lumper (I love my country) sam.

Sorry LOON. I very respectfully disagree with you. Your statement "please consider what this money is used for before you stop contributing" is EXACTLY why I STOPPED my contributions. In my opinion, this money is paying some fatcat to live large off my donations. We never see or hear of any results coming out of our lobbying. We hear Jimmy (in our Teamster magazine) supporting this great Democrat party that is looking out for the unions. Where are the results? It's just lip service, looking for votes. B.H.O. is in bed with Jimmy also. Just giving the same Democrat lip service to the unions. I want to see results, not lip service. Before you Dems. leap on me, have some RESULTS for examples, not lip service.:hide:

WE can't trust their judgment or integrity on our contract or other issues. How can we trust their judgment or integrity with more money? The main reason they picked Obama over Hillary is he promised to get the IBT of of the Federal Organized Crime watch list. The last thing Jimmy needs is less supervision.

I whole heartedly Disagree with you Loon Sorry, But the message does need to be sent and one of the only ways to send it is in the pocketbook.

When you finally seen the way that Jimmy Pushed this idiotic Contract through with taking over L705 negotiations , He exposed himself for what he pushed with all the other locals . No Jimmy is in bed with not only BHO but even worse Dollar Bill and I for one can not send even a dollar more than I have too.

As for the strike fund is their anyway to get records of accountability for these funds?

Wonder what kind of pay increases these guys( Both at the local level and at the international) voted for themselves all the while we are supposed to be happy with that generous 1% increase , watching our fellow Brothers getting Layed off , having the companys right thier own versions of the UE Language , and on and on with this S#!-y contract!

No I say send the message no more contributions

I whole heartedly Disagree with you Loon Sorry, But the message does need to be sent and one of the only ways to send it is in the pocketbook.

When you finally seen the way that Jimmy Pushed this idiotic Contract through with taking over L705 negotiations , He exposed himself for what he pushed with all the other locals . No Jimmy is in bed with not only BHO but even worse Dollar Bill and I for one can not send even a dollar more than I have too.

As for the strike fund is their anyway to get records of accountability for these funds?

Wonder what kind of pay increases these guys( Both at the local level and at the international) voted for themselves all the while we are supposed to be happy with that generous 1% increase , watching our fellow Brothers getting Layed off , having the companys right thier own versions of the UE Language , and on and on with this S#!-y contract!

No I say send the message no more contributions

I say the UE thing going to hurt the contributes too ....

For those that decide that stopping their contributions please cut and past this to word and print it is a standared form for withdrawl.

Attention Payroll Department , upon receipt of this document , Dated____________

I herbeby revoke all authority to deduct payroll contrbutions to the International Brotherhood of Teamsters enity known as DRIVE.

Name:_______________ Employee Number_____________

Signed, __________________

For those that decide that stopping their contributions please cut and past this to word and print it is a standared form for withdrawl.

Attention Payroll Department , upon receipt of this document , Dated____________

I herbeby revoke all authority to deduct payroll contrbutions to the International Brotherhood of Teamsters enity known as DRIVE.

Name:_______________ Employee Number_____________

Signed, __________________
Its actually "Entity", but I think payroll will understand since I got a memo on my paystubs for a year saying they would pay time for missing manifests in the "upcomming" pay period. Man that drove me nuts. I finally had to say something to them.:biglaugh:

Thanks Shoeman my mistake checked it twice and I still missed it.

Had term papers like that back in the day.

What has DRIVE accomplished? The Employee Free Choice Act did not pass. The Mexican trucks are still rolling through our boarders. Until the IBT starts to respect and fight for the Freight Teamster I and done contributing.

Soapbox time

DRIVE has a long history that you can read about here> International Brotherhood of Teamsters: Teamsters History - D.R.I.V.E.
Regardless of who has been at the helm, this has continued on since it's inception and it's been effective and still is. DRIVE has helped ours as well as many other working class folks interests who are not Union members. Too numerous to list. Just as our wages hold up the Nons, so does our lobbying efforts help all.
It's a shame that we allow a good program to suffer financially after all these years. Union politics shouldn't play into this.
If you want to get even, vote appropriately in the next Teamster election. If you want a good contract, read it and understand it and its consequences before you cast your Yes or No. If you want your vote to count, actually mail it in.
If you want to see what it would be like to be a Teamster without Democrats in our pockets, vote in the republican party to the big house. Take a good look at the last 8 years with one and how weak Unions have become. Add another 8. After that, we may just be a page in Union history.
I'm not a big fan of either Dems or Repubs but I am a Union member and I reluctantly vote for those who don't kill us off which are the Dems. No, they don't do much for us BUT the do keep us from falling into oblivion.
If we dry up funds used to move our cause forward or to at least sustain it, lawmakers will take notice and essentially turn their very influential backs to us just as we are doing to our leadership by stopping D.R.I.V.E. contributions.
Look above and beyond your feelings towards JH and crew and see the importantance of this program. These programs may not pass initially, such as The Employee Free Choice Act but they eventually will in some form as long as we continue to have funds to lobby lawmakers. No funds, no voice, no voice, no Union friendly laws.

Good post Loon. BUUUUUUT, NOPE, NOT HAPPENING! Sorry buddy, I'm tired of this "we support labor B.S." from the Dems. The republicans, historically, don't care for the labor unions, but the Dems. just lie and say they do support labor unions with no results. I'm looking for results! I remember seeing J.H. on the cover of the Teamster magazine with our MICHIGAN Governor Jennifer G. The big story was how she was going to walk though fire for the unions. Now the union folks are disappearing in Michigan left and right.:toxic: Another bad political choice for J.H. Jenny and Jimmy make me :eck15:

Republican Hoffa 80's-90's??

Good post Loon. BUUUUUUT, NOPE, NOT HAPPENING! Sorry buddy, I'm tired of this "we support labor B.S." from the Dems. The republicans, historically, don't care for the labor unions, but the Dems. just lie and say they do support labor unions with no results. I'm looking for results! I remember seeing J.H. on the cover of the Teamster magazine with our MICHIGAN Governor Jennifer G. The big story was how she was going to walk though fire for the unions. Now the union folks are disappearing in Michigan left and right.:toxic: Another bad political choice for J.H. Jenny and Jimmy make me :eck15:

Correct me if I am wrong, didn't Junior support the Republican party, I think it was in the late 80's or middle 90's, I am almost positive I read a whole page article about this, and I remember thinking (yes I said thinking ) why is he doing this since historically unions have been on the side of the Democrats. Can somebody help me out?

GBA:USA: