Damage control @ 22

Discussion in 'New Penn' started by newpenn22, Mar 24, 2017.

1. newpenn22

newpenn22 Active Member

2 original new penn supers quit this wk at the end of there shift. The supers didn't give 2 wk notice.

2. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

At the end of the shift, didn't walk out in the middle of it? Hmmm, do they have new jobs lined up, are they just fed up or are they retiring?

3. allnightrain44

allnightrain44 Active Member

very few that gave 2 week notice ever got to work the two weeks, they usually walk them off the property by end of the day. like they have some secret code or secret way of doing business that they will share with the competition. :shit: everybody knows how dysfunctional YRC is,, no big secret, well NPME is getting to be worse than YRC, and that my friends is scary...

4. freightgod54

freightgod54 Member

when I retired last year, they asked me to stay and train my replacement before I left.

5. allnightrain44

allnightrain44 Active Member

than you my friend are one of the few, we had one at #03 that worked his 2 weeks out, they used every day trying to talk him out of leaving. think brad at #09 was that way also.

6. freightgod54

freightgod54 Member

which 2 guys left?? one named charlie?? did they go to Duie or NEMF? probably one or the other

7. ABFer

Generally if a manager puts in notice to quit they will walk them out as soon as they can but if one is going to retire they are not worried about what he might do. It's not a matter of trade secrets, it's a matter of what damage they might be able to do to the computers or how they might treat the customers and probably some things that I can't think of. Just finishing out their day instead of either not showing up or leaving mid shift they did the company a favor.

8. freightgod54

freightgod54 Member

I think if you do that you lose any accrued vacation time you had.

9. newpenn22

newpenn22 Active Member

Matt left mid shift, eric left @ end of day.

10. freightgod54

freightgod54 Member

you really got to be pissed to do that. I know theres no more loyalty in this business but thats pretty drastic.

11. ABFer

That's what you call going out with a bang. It is definitely making a statement.

12. BronzeEagle

BronzeEagle New Member

NewPenn22. I gotta ask what's the deal with the dispatcher that's in the window until 230AM. A rock has a better personality. Doesn't say a word to you and barely acknowledges you only to throw your paperwork on the ledge and bark where you're going. It's depressing lol.

13. freightgod54

freightgod54 Member

cant all be pleasant like Donna is. New Penn depressing to be there if youre in management.

BronzeEagle likes this.
  14. crazy

crazy Well-Known Member

No loss with either one of them.. With Matt,he was always looking for greener pastures.. With split personality Eric maybe the P&D guys wont be criss crossing as much during the day..

BronzeEagle likes this.
  15. crazy

crazy Well-Known Member

Although I have been gone for a few years that has to be Mark your referring too.. He used to leave shortly after the outbound was done.. Thet must be making him stay for his entire shift.. Bummer..

BronzeEagle likes this.
  16. BronzeEagle

BronzeEagle New Member

Yeah thats understandable I suppose. I still couldn't bring myself to be that miserable though no matter what the circumstances are.

17. newpenn22

newpenn22 Active Member

Thats mark, he can b a dick at times. Best to get him on a Friday. He starts to relax

18. newpenn22

newpenn22 Active Member

He hates it just like all the rest

19. crazy

crazy Well-Known Member

I think Mark's problem is that he is not the bread winner in the family. what I was told was his wife was a college professor.. And after dealing with him for years on the outbound I do believe that it is his wife who wears the pants in the family.. maybe he relaxes on Friday as he doesn't have to go home and get the kids ready for school..

20. newpenn22

newpenn22 Active Member

I play golf with him on the weekends, when we get done he cant hang. He runs home very quickly.