FedEx Freight | Damages

What's with all the damage? Part time kids that aren't trained right, loading into refrigerated trailers with no possible way tie anything down. Most of them have no idea what an airbag is used for, how to use dunnage, and have plywood and aluminum allergies. While I'm trying to load freight right there are six punks kids waiting outside the trailer doing figure 8's and discussing who has the best "weed" connection. My terminal one time passed out the paychecks on a Thursday night, then wondered why 23 of them called in sick Friday night. Common sense at FedEx is no longer acceptable and will not be tolerated!

I agree with most of the posters on this thread however I have been calling in an unusual amount of exceptions over the last two weeks. Normally I get a 002 or 3 but now its been 007 and higher. I dropped a sunroof off at a car dealer on Friday and joked that the number of peices rattling inside sounded about right. He turned the 4 inch tall box over and there was a 3 foot long fork lift tire print on it.

I agree with most of the posters on this thread however I have been calling in an unusual amount of exceptions over the last two weeks. Normally I get a 002 or 3 but now its been 007 and higher. I dropped a sunroof off at a car dealer on Friday and joked that the number of peices rattling inside sounded about right. He turned the 4 inch tall box over and there was a 3 foot long fork lift tire print on it.

Substandard packaging. They should pack those things in a kevlar/titanium box capable of withstanding a space shuttle reentry and landing. Don't they know anything?

One of my customers gets a 88% discount on their economy freight. Every week we crush their inbound freight. So the one damage every week wipes out all of the revenue from all of their outbound shipments for the week. We used to just crush the cardboard "do not stack" cones but now we just rip them off. I understand the more you pack into a trailer the more money we make, but when a couple of claims per trailer could potentially wipe out the profit from the entire trailer where's the benefit? I know we don't see the big picture but I think the picture that upper managment sees is way out of focus!

My favorite was hoods, I used to walk in empty handed, and gave them the bill and said don't bother, just refuse it...please. It saved me from opening my door.

I think 33' pups would be the answer. If you don't have flatbeds, quit picking up flatbed freight- another waste of time, and a joke to deliver.

Oh man I hate those slick side reefers. Someone needs to realize that those same companies have dry vans. I'm sure if you asked nicely they would bring one over.

As far as dock workers; they used to be trained one on one. Now they are trained in groups of five. Seems like that could be a problem.

Eight (8) bills an hour, or else,=damages. Why can't any of you understand, regarding this issue? Often time,one learns by example,observed a red shirt, put a pallet into the last trl to go,not much room on the tail, c'mon, we have to close it up.Tada,we made it. Wonder how the city driver explained the POS, state of the customers freight.

So what if your breakout trailer is on one end of the dock and your load out doors are at the other end, you better still get those eight bills per hour.

When working the dock at National, I was lucky to get over 4 bills per hour. I used decking, dunnage, airbags, etc. Add to that the reworking of the college age part timers mess and I think the bill count I got per hour was pretty good. Not nearly as good as any of the dedicated, hardworking full time people that lost their jobs because of the bean counters re-engineering of the wheel, but not abysmal.

Eight (8) bills an hour, or else,=damages. Why can't any of you understand, regarding this issue? Often time,one learns by example,observed a red shirt, put a pallet into the last trl to go,not much room on the tail, c'mon, we have to close it up.Tada,we made it. Wonder how the city driver explained the POS, state of the customers freight.

You mean it went up ? I could have sworn it was 7 bph when I started 2 years ago.