Holland | Define a utility employee?

Hoodock

TB Veteran
Credits
The language that was discussed at the local level,when voting(179)and what`s in the contract seem to differ. Just wondering if anyone else seemed to notice?

Let`s see,almost 3 months since the vote.Another of the infamous "GRAY AREAS"!!I guess the countdown is on until all of us are "UTILITY"!!! Just can`t imagine how many more holes are in this piece of s**t.

UE Gray Area

Let`s see,almost 3 months since the vote.Another of the infamous "GRAY AREAS"!!I guess the countdown is on until all of us are "UTILITY"!!! Just can`t imagine how many more holes are in this piece of s**t.

The famous "London" fog on the UE will never lift, guess who got caught with
their pants down:eck13:,? our Teamster leaders, that's WHO, once again they let us down. When are we going to learn?.

God Bless America:USA:

Lumpersam

From Webster's New World Dictionary of The American Language: The meaning of Utility
& Employee.

Utility;

#1. Useful or to be used in an number of ways-- #2. Able to perform several positions
in a number of ways. (in other words assume the bent over "POSITION" and take it
like aman. OUCH!!!) lol

Employee;

#1. A person hired by another , or by a business firm, etc. (USF, RDWY or YRC ) to be utilized to work for wages or salary.( For a $1.- more per hr. it still going to HURT!!!! ) lol

God Bless America

Lumpersam

From Your Funked and Wagenalls Dictionary:

Utility Employee -- (phrase) A position created where the employee is expected to be flexible in many ways. Supply your own KY, but be prepared to be flexible. The creation of this phrase will go down in history as the day the IBT gave YRC a blank check and cornhol*d their loyal members in the process.

Has anyone ever played cornhole, it originated in Cinci. I think, this game away from Cinci.
is called bean bag, but cornhole sounds a lot better BH. So no need to edit rumblestrip,
I'm sure that's what he meant.LOL

God Bless America

Lumpersam

Has anyone ever played cornhole, it originated in Cinci. I think, this game away from Cinci.
is called bean bag, but cornhole sounds a lot better BH. So no need to edit rumblestrip,
I'm sure that's what he meant.LOL

God Bless America

Lumpersam

I thought the same thing Lump, until someone told me different. I guess it was the use of K-Y and the d on the end of the word that I missed, lol. When we play the game Cornhole, its about throwing bags of corn through a hole in a wooden board. I think what rumblestrip was talking about was throwing something else threw a different type of opening not in a wooden board, maybe I'm wrong, lol.

Our Teamster leaders knew exactly what the were doing. $1 more an hour means more dues. They dont give a s**t about the members that are laidoff, or left at home. They still get their check, and keep the benefits. Also more dues means They can themselves a Frickn raise.

Our Teamster leaders knew exactly what the were doing. $1 more an hour means more dues. They dont give a s**t about the members that are laidoff, or left at home. They still get their check, and keep the benefits. Also more dues means They can themselves a Frickn raise.

What the sam hill are you talking about?

no.1 How does $1 more an hour mean more dues? No 2 What do you do for the laid-off driver and what should or could the local do? No.3 DO you still get to keep your check and benefits? No4 How can they give themselves a raise?

How does $1 more an hour mean more dues?

When ever your rate of pay goes up so do your dues. They charge 2.5 times your hourly rate for your monthly dues. Thats how your dues are figured. If your pay goes up a dollar an hour then your dues go up two and a half dollars per month.

no.1 How does $1 more an hour mean more dues? No 2 What do you do for the laid-off driver and what should or could the local do? No.3 DO you still get to keep your check and benefits? No4 How can they give themselves a raise?

Ok, no.1 was already explained. So no.2 If the international had the best interest of the members in mind, then the UE would have been the way it was presented to us. Instead they ( the International) sent us a bunch of mailers promising new business only yada,yada,yada. But what did we get? The exact opposite, any freight that they want to designate, at any time. Therefore bids are be cancelled, and GUYS ARE GETTING LAIDOFF. The locals are suppose to protect their members, ie. file greivances.
SO no.3, if I was laidoff, NO I would not get to keep getting a paycheck,(unemployment is alot less), and NO BENEFITS. I don't know if you have ever been laidoff, I hope that you never have to experience the feeling of being told a month before Christmas, that you are laidoff. Makes it hard to have any holiday cheer. I listened to a senior driver tell a man, who was told Fri. night that he was laidoff, that everybody has been there. That doesn't make it any easier to go home and tell his wife, or to tell his kids that they can't have new school clothes, or a new bike for a birthday.
Now for no.4, They can and will give themselves a raise. That information is public record, check it out. We do not get to vote on that.

I sure do hope that all the members at all the companies remember everything that is happening. And that when the next election roles around, they ask not only what have you done for me, but what have you done for my UNION BROTHERS?!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure do hope that all the members at all the companies remember everything that is happening. And that when the next election roles around, they ask not only what have you done for me, but what have you done for my UNION BROTHERS?!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they do too.

The problem in the recent past has been that we, the members, had no choice when we voted. You can only vote for the best person that is running. If there aren't any good candidates, thats all you can do. The only other choice would be to decline to vote. If you don't vote, you have nothing to complain about since you didn't vote. Its a no win situation for all of us, in my opinion. I would love someone to tell me I'm wrong and why. Somebody please convince me why I'm wrong, I don't want to argue with anybody, I just want to discuss it as friends and co-workers. If you agree with me or have a different ideal about this I'd like to hear from you.

Congrats on Post #700 Benny. Keep up the good work! Your right on the voting issue. Everyone needs to vote. It is your right, so VOTE. It is unfortunate that we often have to pick the lesser of the two evils, instead of picking the perfect candidate. I wish there was an easy way to hold the candidates to their campain promises. But, they all just say what people want to hear to get their votes, then never follow through. It's always been that way. That will never change.

I was told our TM (at JO) defines utility freight as "anything a utility employee handles". That pretty much leaves the door wide open, doesn't it?

Congrats on Post #700 Benny. Keep up the good work! Your right on the voting issue. Everyone needs to vote. It is your right, so VOTE. It is unfortunate that we often have to pick the lesser of the two evils, instead of picking the perfect candidate. I wish there was an easy way to hold the candidates to their campain promises. But, they all just say what people want to hear to get their votes, then never follow through. It's always been that way. That will never change.

Thanks NF.

When ever your rate of pay goes up so do your dues. They charge 2.5 times your hourly rate for your monthly dues. Thats how your dues are figured. If your pay goes up a dollar an hour then your dues go up two and a half dollars per month.

How do you figure your dues will go up! If you go from road to utility you take a 30% cut in pay,you make roughly 31.00-33.00 dollars a hour on highway and you make 23.76 hour on utility what part of this don't you understand. If anything the dues should go down just like the *** holes that sold us down the river and know different,These BA also need voted out and set out to pastures or cut there pay just like everyone else!