Holland | Define a utility employee?

ue driver

Does anyone know exactley what a UE driver can and can't do I have asked road drivers and stewards and no one seems to know the exact scope of just what they will be doing.
After reading the contract I am more confused than when I started,more gray areas that leave the duties open.

How do you figure your dues will go up! If you go from road to utility you take a 30% cut in pay,you make roughly 31.00-33.00 dollars a hour on highway and you make 23.76 hour on utility what part of this don't you understand. If anything the dues should go down just like the *** holes that sold us down the river and know different,These BA also need voted out and set out to pastures or cut there pay just like everyone else!

I answered the question on how the dues go up, nothing more nothing less. Good luck getting them to go down on your monthly dues collected. That is a great point though, :1036316054:.

Does anyone know exactley what a UE driver can and can't do I have asked road drivers and stewards and no one seems to know the exact scope of just what they will be doing.
After reading the contract I am more confused than when I started,more gray areas that leave the duties open.

It seems to me they can do anything that anybody else can, thats what they're doing right now at least.

How do you figure your dues will go up! If you go from road to utility you take a 30% cut in pay,you make roughly 31.00-33.00 dollars a hour on highway and you make 23.76 hour on utility what part of this don't you understand. If anything the dues should go down just like the *** holes that sold us down the river and know different,These BA also need voted out and set out to pastures or cut there pay just like everyone else!

Road Driver dues are based off our hourly rate $22.65 not what we average driving down the road:chairshot:

Does anyone know exactly what a UE driver can and can't do I have asked road drivers and stewards and no one seems to know the exact scope of just what they will be doing.

The rules are there are no rules. The contract states: (Article 3 section 7, third paragraph) "The Utility Driver shall work across all classifications as assigned and as necessary to meet business needs, and there shall be no restrictions on the type of freight or work handled."
So basically linehaul Drivers are screwed. This should have been stopped at contract time. Unfortunately, almost everyone listened to the lies. The IBT sent out letters that stated the UE would not affect current linehaul operations. Now Bill Z. is boasting that each company will be at least 30% UE by the end of 2008. If the company negotiated in bad faith with the IBT, then why are they agreeing to the UE changes now? Because they knew what they were agreeing to!

When ever your rate of pay goes up so do your dues. They charge 2.5 times your hourly rate for your monthly dues. Thats how your dues are figured. If your pay goes up a dollar an hour then your dues go up two and a half dollars per month.

ok so 40 hours a week, 4.25 weeks per month = 170 dollars a month increase for 2.50 dollars. Is that right? if so, it seems like a good deal.

The rules are there are no rules. The contract states: (Article 3 section 7, third paragraph) "The Utility Driver shall work across all classifications as assigned and as necessary to meet business needs, and there shall be no restrictions on the type of freight or work handled."
So basically linehaul Drivers are screwed. This should have been stopped at contract time. Unfortunately, almost everyone listened to the lies. The IBT sent out letters that stated the UE would not affect current linehaul operations. Now Bill Z. is boasting that each company will be at least 30% UE by the end of 2008. If the company negotiated in bad faith with the IBT, then why are they agreeing to the UE changes now? Because they knew what they were agreeing to!
What are u guys worried about. Mr Z. IS Gona take care of his people. It might look bad now but theres a lite at the end of the tunnel. Just wait and see.

ok so 40 hours a week, 4.25 weeks per month = 170 dollars a month increase for 2.50 dollars. Is that right? if so, it seems like a good deal.
The formula is two and a half (2.5) times your hourly rate per month. At the rate that they use for a linehaul driver (22.65 per hour) your monthly dues would be 56.63 dollars per month.:1036316054: