ABF | delay 004

mrabf

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone know if abf has put a delay on moving oo4 little rock to Memphis due to different reasons

I think the move is one of the biggest blunders management has ever made. A lot of employees have found jobs in the LR area & won't return even if the company changes plans about closing the NLR terminal.

If they already left they would be looking at two years of no vacation in addition to losing the seniority they had. ABF used to be one of the greenest pastures around but these days there are better places to go. If those who left find greener pastures they will bring their buddies along and that would only add insult to injury for the company.

The employees that left not only left a void that only experienced workers can fill but they also helped a competitor gain ground on ABF. They also may draw customers to the new employer.

I do not see why they would not want to move. The majority of the freight is in The Memphis area. Memphis is the distribution capital of the world. There is a lot more freight originating and moving through Memphis than 003. Why do you think all the other freight company's have break bulks in the Memphis area. YRC tried to make Memphis terminal a end of the line terminal. And very quickly made it back into a major break bulk within less than a year.

I do not see why they would not want to move. The majority of the freight is in The Memphis area. Memphis is the distribution capital of the world. There is a lot more freight originating and moving through Memphis than 003. Why do you think all the other freight company's have break bulks in the Memphis area. YRC tried to make Memphis terminal a end of the line terminal. And very quickly made it back into a major break bulk within less than a year.
Logistically may be good for the company, long term may be good for the company, short term the employees are not happy about it and I don't blame them. Most of them are nearing retirement age, why would they want to move now? Business wise I hear ya but manpower is an all too often overlooked piece of the puzzle. If this is the case maybe, just maybe ABF Freight is on the cusp of an awakening.

Remember all CEO in the corporation took on new pay increases plus bonus, after we took a pay "CUT"

PS" They are just A HOLDING CO"

Last edited by a moderator: