ODFL | DELAY PAY????

You are able to be paid both delay and breakdown pay, it just isn't as much as we want it to be. It begins after a 2 hour delay in most cases. Breakdown pay begins when you call road rescue. In the North East it is $8.00 an hour starting at the end of 2014 I believe. Before that it amounted to only like $4-5 hour. I was paid this for time spent sitting in traffic this month. If you don't know the policy ask management, if you are not satisfied with their answer you are always welcome to call your VP. Our VP's are for the most part good people that will answer your questions or return your call with no problem. Sometimes management needs updated on current policies : )
Are you talking delay pay at a Service Center?
Was informed that on meet and greets, if you have to wait more then 1/2hr you can call dispatch and move farther up the road.
Breakdown pay, was told that it starts as soon as you call road rescue and call Central of the same (important to put breakdown start and finish time on DVIR. Also get mechanic to sign off and note completion time). Turn in DVIR at Service Center and keep copy for your records. Never heard of breakdown pay/delay time waiting in traffic.
As far as other companies......you not only drive but work the dock loading and unloading trailer. So hourly pay is understood.

ekNohVM.jpg

IGWuMyZ.jpg

Are you talking delay pay at a Service Center?
Was informed that on meet and greets, if you have to wait more then 1/2hr you can call dispatch and move farther up the road.
Breakdown pay, was told that it starts as soon as you call road rescue and call Central of the same (important to put breakdown start and finish time on DVIR. Also get mechanic to sign off and note completion time). Turn in DVIR at Service Center and keep copy for your records. Never heard of breakdown pay/delay time waiting in traffic.
As far as other companies......you not only drive but work the dock loading and unloading trailer. So hourly pay is understood.

The last time I heard someone try to get delay pay waiting for loads to come in at a terminal he was told they dont pay at a terminal. So that may need clarification. All other delays have always been paid after 2 hours. Such as 2 hours past your up time at hotel and they don't have loads, sitting for hours because road is closed down, waiting at a meet point. At a meet point my manager pays after you've been there 1 hour past the scheduled meet time. So if you're early thats on you. When you look at bid sheet it gives you an arrival time, so I would get paid starting at 1 hour after it. What came out this week on breakdown pay is a huge improvement especially that it pays while at an OD shop.

10 bucks an hour? Or was that picture taken in 1980? A lot of our trucks are beaten into the ground by the dumb idiots we keep hiring out of the CDL mills so you're guaranteed some breakdown pay around this place each month.

10 bucks an hour? Or was that picture taken in 1980? A lot of our trucks are beaten into the ground by the dumb idiots we keep hiring out of the CDL mills so you're guaranteed some breakdown pay around this place each month.

I guess I lead a charmed life but I don't hardly ever break down.

The only part I dont like is the part where it is up to your manager to put you in for the pay. We had guys sitting in bad weather for a few hours because one of our mountain passes were closed for a few hours then when opened, were able to make it to their turn point but had to lay due to no hours. Then on return trip same thing happens again but had to go to another hotel and sit for another 10 hours but the road never opened due to heavy snow fall. Finally had to take the long/alternate way home and when they ask management for delay pay were told not going to happen so call the guys that closed the road and see if they will pay you. This type of delay needs to be in BLACK and WHITE where it is automatic and not left up to managers discession. I dont think management would like to be gone from home working for 40 plus hours and get basically one trip pay for 2.5 days work---just not right,,our drivers did not cause the road toclose and could have made it back with no problem if the state had not closed the same HWY again..I believe they should have been given 10 hours delay pay for the second motel stay

Yup..Cummings did a great job getting them back but they ran out of injectors after about 9 tractors. But it was not fun for a while. Everyone seemed to pitch in a do the best they could with slip seating and not pulling the "it's my tractor" attitude. And to make things worse we had to fuel off site. What a mess!

The only part I dont like is the part where it is up to your manager to put you in for the pay. We had guys sitting in bad weather for a few hours because one of our mountain passes were closed for a few hours then when opened, were able to make it to their turn point but had to lay due to no hours. Then on return trip same thing happens again but had to go to another hotel and sit for another 10 hours but the road never opened due to heavy snow fall. Finally had to take the long/alternate way home and when they ask management for delay pay were told not going to happen so call the guys that closed the road and see if they will pay you. This type of delay needs to be in BLACK and WHITE where it is automatic and not left up to managers discession. I dont think management would like to be gone from home working for 40 plus hours and get basically one trip pay for 2.5 days work---just not right,,our drivers did not cause the road toclose and could have made it back with no problem if the state had not closed the same HWY again..I believe they should have been given 10 hours delay pay for the second motel stay
True, delay and breakdown pay should be automatic and at your full hourly rate. Anything less is just another way the company saves money at r expense.

Going to blame you for going home early also because the freight couldn't make it through for us to deliver!