FedEx Freight | Delivering Express Shipments

Holo989

TB Lurker
Credits
I guess Freight now delivers Express heavy shipments. I had one today that went from FL to NJ where someone at Express put a freight label on the shipment and it got handed off to us to deliver in GA. Had one last week that was similar.

The DR lists the pro from Express and has the shipper as Express.

If an express courier says something is too heavy to deliver, they'll weigh it and make a dependent. That's the procedure, It's always been that way. I think ground can do it too, but I'm not sure.

If an express courier says something is too heavy to deliver, they'll weigh it and make a dependent. That's the procedure, It's always been that way. I think ground can do it too, but I'm not sure.
I'm sure they can but Express has a what you could call freight side. They deliver palletized freight on box trucks with liftgates. It just struck me as odd because it's the first time other than last week I have seen this.

Also it was only 213 lbs so not very heavy.

This topic was covered in a John Smith or Lance Moll video recently.

It’s part of the Network 2.0 realignment.

The CEO of Express was interviewed and discussed the partnership…

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, haven't seen the video.
Thank your leadership for not sharing the video.

Express can hand off to Freight, due to any number is scenarios. Probably see it more and more, especially on long distance peddle runs. Not so much in dense Express turf.

The shipper being shown as Express tells you it's a handoff. They pickup on an airbill (Express Freight). Something we're not currently able to process.

Collaboration brother. Get used to it.

I guess Freight now delivers Express heavy shipments. I had one today that went from FL to NJ where someone at Express put a freight label on the shipment and it got handed off to us to deliver in GA. Had one last week that was similar.

The DR lists the pro from Express and has the shipper as Express.
Yes driver I am an express freight driver we used to give a lot of the what we call extended areas to cartage agents. They will now be giving it to you guys…just fyi…