Democrats’ Relief Bill Shores Up A Million People’s Pensions. That’s A Huge Deal.

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
David Brenner, a pension expert at Segal Consulting, a firm that advises multiemployer funds, called the measure in the relief bill “a discrete fix for a defined group of plans.”

“This does allow a narrow subset of troubled plans to avoid having to make the painful move of reducing benefits for already retired participants,” Brenner said in an email to HuffPost. “It also provides the option for plans that have made that move to possibly reverse that decision.”

He said measure buys a lot of time to come up with long-term policy solutions to bolster other multiemployer plans that run into trouble, although it does not resolve a broader problem in the United States: “the inability of a very wide swath of workers being able to retire with financial security and dignity.”

:6799: :usa:

The take home of this article is the average American has no pension or retirement plan. Now that the federal government owns the majority share in 185 MEPF's. It's only reasonable to combine them with other retirement assets to create a pension fund for all. Social Security, Public Pensions, all of the accrued TAX FREE gains of 401k's and private pensions, combined into one big pension pie. This isn't my idea, it is the well documented published policy of the progressive LEFT. Be careful of what you WISH/VOTE for.
I voted for you to keep working to fund my pension and it seems to be going VERY well.

The take home of this article is the average American has no pension or retirement plan. Now that the federal government owns the majority share in 185 MEPF's. It's only reasonable to combine them with other retirement assets to create a pension fund for all. Social Security, Public Pensions, all of the accrued TAX FREE gains of 401k's and private pensions, combined into one big pension pie. This isn't my idea, it is the well documented published policy of the progressive LEFT. Be careful of what you WISH/VOTE for.
It said no such thing. Bubba outright lied!! The article does not mention "average American" nor does it say anything about "government owns the majority share in 185 MEPF!" YOU ARE LYING JUST LIKE YOU LIED WHEN YOU SAID JEFF WAS EMAILING YOU WITH DEROGATORY REMARKS ABOUT PEOPLE ON TB!

It said no such thing. Bubba outright lied!! The article does not mention "average American" nor does it say anything about "government owns the majority share in 185 MEPF!" YOU ARE LYING JUST LIKE YOU LIED WHEN YOU SAID JEFF WAS EMAILING YOU WITH DEROGATORY REMARKS ABOUT PEOPLE ON TB!

I think when he referred to "average American" he was pointing out that the government providing pension money for 1 million people out of a work force of 165 million puts those 1 million in a pretty exclusive club.

I think when he referred to "average American" he was pointing out that the government providing pension money for 1 million people out of a work force of 165 million puts those 1 million in a pretty exclusive club.
Thank you, finally I can belong to an exclusive club. I thought you had to be a big buisnessman, Congress person or Senator [ not all of them just a certain brand] to be accepted in these exclusive clubs.

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills! (broader problem, very wide swath of people) very well describes the average American. butch lewis will bail out 185 MEPF's less than 50% funded, hence the majority of assets came from the federal government. And what is this babble about Jeff e mailing me, are you mixing bourbon and opioids?

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills! (broader problem, very wide swath of people) very well describes the average American. butch lewis will bail out 185 MEPF's less than 50% funded, hence the majority of assets came from the federal government. And what is this babble about Jeff e mailing me, are you mixing bourbon and opioids?

"JEFF" just e mailed me, agreed whole heartedly with my assessment of the average ABF forum poster. Suggested you are a snowball, who needs to grow a pair. I suggested if you drank "lite" beer and lost some of that fat, your estrogen level would go down!

"JEFF" just e mailed me, agreed whole heartedly with my assessment of the average ABF forum poster. Suggested you are a snowball, who needs to grow a pair. I suggested if you drank "lite" beer and lost some of that fat, your estrogen level would go down!
A normal person would have found that humorous, considering it was directed toward someone with a six pack tattooed to their gut. Maybe you should stick with the joke thread, develop a sense of humor!!!!!!

Are you a stalker, keeping track of my post from Cinco de mayo, 2019?

When you start a sentence off with "The take home of this article is" means you are summarize the article you read.