Democrats’ Relief Bill Shores Up A Million People’s Pensions. That’s A Huge Deal.

David Brenner, a pension expert at Segal Consulting, a firm that advises multiemployer funds, called the measure in the relief bill “a discrete fix for a defined group of plans.”

“This does allow a narrow subset of troubled plans to avoid having to make the painful move of reducing benefits for already retired participants,” Brenner said in an email to HuffPost. “It also provides the option for plans that have made that move to possibly reverse that decision.”

He said measure buys a lot of time to come up with long-term policy solutions to bolster other multiemployer plans that run into trouble, although it does not resolve a broader problem in the United States: “the inability of a very wide swath of workers being able to retire with financial security and dignity.”

:6799: :usa:
It shores up nothing.

The big problem is all that pension crap is underfunded and in failing condition for 50 years. Now that they think they fund it all today. Whoopie. 1980 style inflation is coming as I write this. Wipe all that out except for the crying.

And they probably will do it again and again and again.

It shores up nothing.

The big problem is all that pension crap is underfunded and in failing condition for 50 years. Now that they think they fund it all today. Whoopie. 1980 style inflation is coming as I write this. Wipe all that out except for the crying.

And they probably will do it again and again and again.
Not every pension fund is underfunded, Central Pennsylvania & the Western is not. I’m sure there are more that I’m unaware of....

I am taking a reduction in my pension from Western Pa with this new bill passed wondering if my pension will go back to my normal amount ??????. worked for Preston in West Middlesex.

I worked at Roadway for 20 years. Will I receive anything?. Plan on retiring in 9 years from Fedex Freight with 20 years here.