SAIA | Denver Linehaul

Linehaul3Life

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone here run linehaul out of Denver? It seems Saia is always hiring in Denver and can't seem to keep anyone there. They are offering 62 a mile to start. Which I understand is the max rate so they must be hard up for drivers.

Is it the mountains to the west and the weather that makes it so difficult? Thinking of applying up there, it'd be nice to start out at top rate, but I'm a little nervous about their inability to remain staffed up.

So is it just the weather and mountains or are there other reasons?

Does anyone here run linehaul out of Denver? It seems Saia is always hiring in Denver and can't seem to keep anyone there. They are offering 62 a mile to start. Which I understand is the max rate so they must be hard up for drivers.

Is it the mountains to the west and the weather that makes it so difficult? Thinking of applying up there, it'd be nice to start out at top rate, but I'm a little nervous about their inability to remain staffed up.

So is it just the weather and mountains or are there other reasons?
It's between the snow, ice, blizzard's, and legal marijuana...I would guess?
And the nanny cams are not helping situation.

Wait until you go to Wyoming and the wind is blowing at 50-60 MPH and it is -10 degrees outside. Or you are on your way back from Grand Junction and you get to Vail pass and the chains won't stay on and you spin out. One of our drivers had a chain break and the Highway Patrol gave him a 500.00 ticket for improper chaining. Meanwhile, you try to reason with Central and they won't listen because what the cameras show doesn't look so bad to them. And they can't figure out why they can't find drivers.

Wait until you go to Wyoming and the wind is blowing at 50-60 MPH and it is -10 degrees outside. Or you are on your way back from Grand Junction and you get to Vail pass and the chains won't stay on and you spin out. One of our drivers had a chain break and the Highway Patrol gave him a 500.00 ticket for improper chaining. Meanwhile, you try to reason with Central and they won't listen because what the cameras show doesn't look so bad to them. And they can't figure out why they can't find drivers.
I think this guy might have the actual and most realistic reason why they can't keep anyone out in that area...