Detroit Drivers Bad Day

Discussion in 'Central Transport/Vitran' started by The Agitator, Sep 9, 2014.

1. runawaytrain

runawaytrain Wear their scorn with pride.

Yes my brother we are both paying our dues....I'm on something different everyday and that in itself is a pain in the A........Never knowing which dock to hit.....Not knowing their break times....Not knowing the back roads that only a regular route driver would know....The short cuts....I'm really just a floater...a vacation relief guy....an overflow guy...Whatever you want to call it ......I miss the days of knowing my own route like the back of my hand....knowing my customers....The ones that will let me use their forklift when things go wrong...Yep....we are both kinda in the same boat....And after all we have did in this business we find ourselves back at square one......But even with this ...I find the stress level much lower than being a dispatcher...And in your case I'm sure you feel the same way.

2. PistonRing83

PistonRing83 Well-Known Member

I either use a jack stop or turn the jack on it's side. I learned a long time ago to never let freight hold my jack. At my last job they had the rubber stoppers we could use. Saia doesn't seem to have them so looks like I'll have to buy one myself.

3. runawaytrain

You can buy them for not very much....Most guys just take an old strap and cut the ends off of it and tie it to the handle of the jack and then clip it in the etrack.....Flipping them causes the seals to leak....But I would do that before I would leave it unsecure. He didn't make a very smart decision.....The smartest decision I ever made was getting back into driving...I love it. Glad I kept my CDL......I use to dread going to work......Now most the time I look forward to it....Dispatch was a very ungrateful job....You basically ran the city operations but got no credit for it...All the glory and pay went to the TM......He wasn't even able to do my job. His skill set was very limited. Not like in the old days when a TM had to be able to do every job in the terminal.

4. Snark Monkey

Snark Monkey Well-Known Member

"It is better to be humble in spirit with the lowly than to divide the spoil with the proud."

1 person likes this.
  5. runawaytrain

One of you best post ever...you know how I like philosophy...not much your style...that was just for me... Thx Snark

6. Snark Monkey

Snark Monkey Well-Known Member

Philosophy was one of my favorite subjects. I too agree with Plato that this world is not the real world but just a shadow or "forms" that are patterned after the "true reality" and I agree with Aristotle that we should strive for virtues by steering our ship to the mean between the extremes.

7. runawaytrain

The Trains creed,,,,,,,,,,,Every man has a train of thought on which he rides when he is alone....The dignity and nobility of his life, as well as his happiness, depend upon the direction in which that train is going, the baggage it carries, and the scenery through which it travels....Joseph Fort Newton.

8. PistonRing83

PistonRing83 Well-Known Member

I have a one track mind and it's de-railed...

9. runawaytrain

Your on the right track now.

10. The Agitator

The Agitator Member

loaddog.com ---- $ 19.95

11. runawaytrain

Yep....That man is extremely tight.....And very creative in finding ways to stick it to his workers.