ABF | DFW looking to board

What's the process for nee hires? How soon to do you het benefits and become a union member?
You would be under the Southern Region Supplement and I assume you are looking at Fulltime work and not casual work (part time). Find one of the stewards your first day and get a Union card to fill out and turn in (fulltime or casual). After your 30 day probation period, you must have eight (8) weekly contributions (company provided) for your Health&Welfare to start. So, roughly 90-days for the Health&Welfare. The pension contributions (company provided) starts the first day after your 30-day probation at a rate of $68.40 per day worked. Vacation schedule is as follows. 1 year=1 week, 2 years=2 weeks, 8 years=3 weeks, 15 years=4 weeks, 20 years=5 weeks, and 30 years=6 weeks. Five paid sick days per year, but you must be employed as of January 1st of that calendar year to get the sick days for that calendar year. Any other questions just feel free to ask.

You would be under the Southern Region Supplement and I assume you are looking at Fulltime work and not casual work (part time). Find one of the stewards your first day and get a Union card to fill out and turn in (fulltime or casual). After your 30 day probation period, you must have eight (8) weekly contributions (company provided) for your Health&Welfare to start. So, roughly 90-days for the Health&Welfare. The pension contributions (company provided) starts the first day after your 30-day probation at a rate of $68.40 per day worked. Vacation schedule is as follows. 1 year=1 week, 2 years=2 weeks, 8 years=3 weeks, 15 years=4 weeks, 20 years=5 weeks, and 30 years=6 weeks. Five paid sick days per year, but you must be employed as of January 1st of that calendar year to get the sick days for that calendar year. Any other questions just feel free to ask.
Do road drivers start on call? Are you guys busy?

Yes, FT. It's labled as P&D & Dock. Thank you for this information, it answers a lot of questions. After 30 days ill be a union member, good to know.

Yes, road drivers are on call in the beginning. Every terminal is different as to how long.

How busy? I can't say, but I hear things have gotten a bit slow in areas of late at EVERY LTL.
Des Plaines Il is where it is showing hiring for road drivers. Do your road drivers get home everyday?