Holland | Did Hoffa know

hemorrhoid

TB Lurker
Credits
On Tuesday Nov 25th around 7pm we had a meeting with the 710 BA who said that 710 got a call Monday the 24th at around 10am from the international and was told what was going on and that union auditors were being sent to Kansas to audit YRC'S books and that they(710) was first made aware of the problem the 24th.
Today I read a letter from TDU which states Nov 24th Hoffa and Keegle called all the locals and told them that the international was ready to give wage concessions that the union auditors had said there was a need for them.
If the letter from TDU is accurate on the dates and the information the audit which I believe had to take week's to finish had already taken place which leads me to believe the international was aware of this for some time.
If this is fact what else do they know????

Another thing that has always bothered me how do we know the secret ballots that we send in are actually the ones that are counted if companys can have 2 sets of book's why can't there be 2 sets of ballots???
Food for thought...

which leads me to believe the international was aware of this for some time.

Another thing that has always bothered me how do we know the secret ballots that we send in are actually the ones that are counted if companys can have 2 sets of book's why can't there be 2 sets of ballots???
Food for thought...

I also think that they(IBT) have known this for some time. I don't like it.
As for the vote I am hoping we do it at the hall and they are counted right there. This way there are more people involved in counting and reporting votes, more oversight. Less chance for wholesale manipulation.

I have to agree with you 10%. The IBT in my opinion will do whatever it takes to protect the IBT. (2) sets of figures and (2) sets of books you better believe it!!!!
I can tell you thisw for a fact our poresent of USF 1 month ago toled our TM that YRC had enough cash on hand in the bank to sustain Holland indefinitely......Now whom is bullshiting whom !!!!!!!!!!!!! YRC does have the money and they are covering it up!!!
It is our understanding they will ask for 10 to 15 percent reductionj in pay. We will have all the facts dec 7 as our local is calling a meeting on this date to present all the facts to us

I've always wanted the votes to be counted at the local level so we would all know the real total vote to be turned in. The IBT doesn't want that for some reason, I wonder why?

Counting the votes

Noone that I know voted yes for our last contract and it went thru with flying colors. We had at least 8 people between 2 terminals that either didnt get a ballot or there wasnt anything inside to vote with. They called the hall and were told that they could not receive another one. Ones that called in saying they never got anything were just blown off. I agree - let the rank and file count the ballots.

On Tuesday Nov 25th around 7pm we had a meeting with the 710 BA who said that 710 got a call Monday the 24th at around 10am from the international and was told what was going on and that union auditors were being sent to Kansas to audit YRC'S books and that they(710) was first made aware of the problem the 24th.
Today I read a letter from TDU which states Nov 24th Hoffa and Keegle called all the locals and told them that the international was ready to give wage concessions that the union auditors had said there was a need for them.
If the letter from TDU is accurate on the dates and the information the audit which I believe had to take week's to finish had already taken place which leads me to believe the international was aware of this for some time.

Food for thought...

This might be why we have never seen our new contract books (2008-2013)since the overwhemling ratifacation?

vote

Noone that I know voted yes for our last contract and it went thru with flying colors. We had at least 8 people between 2 terminals that either didnt get a ballot or there wasnt anything inside to vote with. They called the hall and were told that they could not receive another one. Ones that called in saying they never got anything were just blown off. I agree - let the rank and file count the ballots.

Do you think that a petition should be started at each local to request a vote at the hall and be counted at the hall and one sent to the international as well.

I've always wanted the votes to be counted at the local level so we would all know the real total vote to be turned in. The IBT doesn't want that for some reason, I wonder why?
Our local president said the ballot will be sent via mail to vote on. However that is subject to change.

I also think that they(IBT) have known this for some time. I don't like it.

Read the second paragraph, they have known for a while, but we were kept in the dark.

YRC, Teamsters Reopen Talks
11/25/2008
John Gallagher
Associate Editor

YRC Worldwide management is seeking to cut Teamsters wages as it tries to arrange new financing to pay off debt.

The Teamsters union said it has been in talks for several weeks over givebacks on the National Master Freight Agreement, the labor contract that was renewed earlier this year.

"The Teamsters General Executive Board today unanimously agreed to permit representatives from the Teamsters National Freight Industry Negotiating Committee to enter into discussions with YRC immediately to determine how to best preserve Teamsters jobs and protect benefits," the Teamsters said in a Nov. 24 statement.

Officials at YRC, the parent of national LTL carriers Yellow Transportation and Roadway Express, were not immediately available for comment.

YRC was forced last week to place its trucking equipment real estate holdings valued at $1.5 billion up as collateral against its bank loans as a result of its recent credit downgrade.

Standard & Poor's dropped its rating of the LTL carrier into a lower grade of junk bond status Nov. 19 after assessing the carriers' financial and operating prospects in the slowing economy. That triggered an event under its credit agreement requiring YRC to collateralize its remaining unencumbered assets.

YRC said the downgrades don't change the company's plans to combine Yellow and Roadway.

hoffa knew

Read the second paragraph, they have known for a while, but we were kept in the dark.

YRC, Teamsters Reopen Talks
11/25/2008
John Gallagher
Associate Editor

YRC Worldwide management is seeking to cut Teamsters wages as it tries to arrange new financing to pay off debt.

The Teamsters union said it has been in talks for several weeks over givebacks on the National Master Freight Agreement, the labor contract that was renewed earlier this year.

"The Teamsters General Executive Board today unanimously agreed to permit representatives from the Teamsters National Freight Industry Negotiating Committee to enter into discussions with YRC immediately to determine how to best preserve Teamsters jobs and protect benefits," the Teamsters said in a Nov. 24 statement.

Officials at YRC, the parent of national LTL carriers Yellow Transportation and Roadway Express, were not immediately available for comment.

YRC was forced last week to place its trucking equipment real estate holdings valued at $1.5 billion up as collateral against its bank loans as a result of its recent credit downgrade.

Standard & Poor's dropped its rating of the LTL carrier into a lower grade of junk bond status Nov. 19 after assessing the carriers' financial and operating prospects in the slowing economy. That triggered an event under its credit agreement requiring YRC to collateralize its remaining unencumbered assets.

YRC said the downgrades don't change the company's plans to combine Yellow and Roadway.

Look's like the TDU article was accurate and this has been in the works for a while now the question is were the locals keep in the loop on this or kept in the dark like the rest of us
I am starting to wonder just who in the h_ _ _ can you trust these days.

Look's like the TDU article was accurate and this has been in the works for a while now the question is were the locals keep in the loop on this or kept in the dark like the rest of us
I am starting to wonder just who in the h_ _ _ can you trust these days.

Do you really think the first thing YRCW or the IBT is going to do is tell the drivers or workers?

NOBODY Brother, nobody. I am very sad to say it, but I believe our current situation is a result of our Union powers to be's lack of leadership and Billy Zollars misguided corporate decisions. The next 3 months will be very, very interesting. I wish us all good luck but we really need a miracle. Dear Lord, help us all!!!!

if card check is what the union wants then we the members can give it to them
no open votes at locals on all major issues no dues from members or impose our right to have our dues reduced to only the amount it cost to neg. the contract
money talks votes walk