SAIA | Did Saia Lose Starbucks Account?

We may have lost pieces of it as they tend to come & go... That being said there are quite a bit of them that are closed right now sure to all the Covid BS

We’re still doing them last I knew, Harris teeters and targets and a few random places. We lost a lot of the Independent stores a while ago. Rumor has it, we lost catos which is a hugh loss company wide that we’ve had forever.

The last time I saw a set of Starbucks trailers was on my last run as a systems driver, but that was atleast 2 to 3 months ago.

Think Pyle has some of the accounts. No clue which locations. I am l/h. Heard that some of the p&d guys are less than thrilled

Think Pyle has some of the accounts. No clue which locations. I am l/h. Heard that some of the p&d guys are less than thrilled
Here in the north west,we go out with only Starbucks. Nothing else, start before everyone, get back and done before everyone . Of course with the grocery stores only, we have on company Starbucks to do out here

Years ago when we had ALL the Starbucks it was a big account that paid SAIA big money. The problem was that the independent stores required a lot of time per store which required additional p&d drivers to cover other customers. Your talking about a min. 30 minutes for a small pallet and an hour or longer for a 1000 lb plus plt, some stores got 2 hugh plts which you had to break down, Hand truck several boxes at a time to the back and sort and segregate. Very time consuming. They staggered stores but you were still doing a few every day. It was back breaking. There was no opportunity for new work. We now only do the grocery stores where you bump a dock, sign and roll. To see the stores go was definitely no love lose.

Rumor mill says we are actually going to be picking up a bunch of new Starbucks... hopefully it isn't that same crap freight we had years back... 60+ bills per trailer & about 3k in weight

I pedaled freight for Saia probably 10-12 years ago.Some days I would bring back over 20 pallets that required inside delivery.Catos,Starbucks,and some shoe store I cant remember the name of.Some crappy deliveries.

Saia is not worried about losing Starbucks. Saia sets a moving price and, if Starbucks or anybody else doesn't want to pay, then , see ya. Look at the stock price. Today, it closed at over $111, which is historically and ridiculously high. It has been really strong, for almost a month. Those guys, in Atlanta, know what they are doing and they will move freight but, on their terms.

Well we lost catos except for a very few small stores and the same for Starbucks. Both of these accounts are Hugh but are contract bids every so many years so Saia may loose them for a while but will always keep a chip in the pot for the next bet.

Well we lost catos except for a very few small stores and the same for Starbucks. Both of these accounts are Hugh but are contract bids every so many years so Saia may loose them for a while but will always keep a chip in the pot for the next bet.

Probably lost them because their lazy drivers were sitting on their butts waiting on someone to say,"Gentlemen, start your engines"

I always felt that Starbucks and any other “specialty” delivery was poorly managed and set up to fail. But what do I know. After all, I’m just a driver