Central Transport | Direct Deposit

depends on situation, best to call payroll or roxanne at benefits. i know she's still there and actually returns calls.

My hubby is still Vitran (at least today ... who knows about tomorrow). Still getting direct deposit and hasn't been given any paperwork (W4) to switch to Central. Can we say 'nail-biting'???

My husband also! We haven't gotten anything at all. No Cobra, no information about anything. We figured Friday would be the last direct deposit, since that was the last week of Vitran work. He got called off twice last week. If this keeps up we will financially go under. And right before christmas...

I feel for ya VW ... my husband really tried hard to be upbeat through this whole process but is now coming home very discouraged. Every one else at the terminal has been trained on the handhelds (all but him and one guy he's training). There are about 7 guys who have not been given any Central paperwork YET they're told it will be changed over to Central by Monday, Dec 2nd. The lack of communication throughout all of this has been the hardest. :(

I feel for ya VW ... my husband really tried hard to be upbeat through this whole process but is now coming home very discouraged. Every one else at the terminal has been trained on the handhelds (all but him and one guy he's training). There are about 7 guys who have not been given any Central paperwork YET they're told it will be changed over to Central by Monday, Dec 2nd. The lack of communication throughout all of this has been the hardest. :(

I totally agree with the lack of communication. No one knows what's going on.

Welcome to the darkside.

1361.gif

My husband also! We haven't gotten anything at all. No Cobra, no information about anything. We figured Friday would be the last direct deposit, since that was the last week of Vitran work. He got called off twice last week. If this keeps up we will financially go under. And right before christmas...
COBRA will not be available through Vitran's insurance because your husband switched over to CT. If he had been laid off prior to moving to CT, Highmark would be available through COBRA. Since he switched to CT, his COBRA will be through Cherokee if he gets laid off. As long as your husband is still an employee of either company, there will be no COBRA. I know you're hoping that you will have the option of buying Highmark through COBRA even with your husband being a CT employee, but that's not going to happen. Who can afford COBRA anyway? It's a fortune.

Anyways, here's some information on COBRA during acquisitions and mergers.

Haynes and Boone, LLP | Newsroom | IRS Provides Guidance Regarding COBRA Liability in Mergers and Acquisitions

I told him that tomorrow he has to go to the unemployment office because of his work reduction. This is ridiculous.
Definitely!!! It's awful they are dragging him along like this. He should apply for partial benefits. If my husband is treated similar to what's happening to your husband, he'd start looking for a job ASAP and apply for partial benefits while job hunting.

I actually was hoping to get COBRA for our dental because we just put braces on one of our kids at the beginning of the month. Someone else said that they got cobra information. I would just like any information at all. Anything. Not even the TM knows what is happening.

I actually was hoping to get COBRA for our dental because we just put braces on one of our kids at the beginning of the month. Someone else said that they got cobra information. I would just like any information at all. Anything. Not even the TM knows what is happening.

VW ... I read back from the beginning of this post and, do I understand correctly that your husband is still Vitran (like mine)? If so, benefits are still being paid out under Highmark and Delta and Fashion Focus. I just checked our bank and this week's payroll deposit is there in pending status, too.

I also wanted to point out that if your daughter got her braces on while still under Vitran/Delta, it should be paid out by Delta. I would give them a call and see if they're processing a claim submitted by the orthodontist.

They switched to Central last Monday. For the braces, the benefit isn't paid all at once, it is paid over time. So if the insuarnce changes we won't get the full benefit.

mouroun got his gm acct along with real estate and equipment, everything else is secondary. whether it's vitran or other accts, he really does'nt care if he has them or not. he's already ahead when he purchased this company. apply for partial benefits a.s.a.p. and hopefully find another job.

mouroun got his gm acct along with real estate and equipment, everything else is secondary. whether it's vitran or other accts, he really does'nt care if he has them or not. he's already ahead when he purchased this company. apply for partial benefits a.s.a.p. and hopefully find another job.

He applied for unemployment insurance today. And got called off again tonight. I suppose that means that he will not get paid for Thanksgiving, right?

He applied for unemployment insurance today. And got called off again tonight. I suppose that means that he will not get paid for Thanksgiving, right?
it should be a company convenience day and he should get paid. those days are excused. company at fault for not providing the means for him to work.