Yellow | Do you need a CDL to go to Harrisburg, PA terminal?

The message was reportedly sent.. I can email you the info if you send me a pm... straight from the YRCW Labor man!!!!

Prayers answered...

NO! This is not a rhetorical question! I'm hoping an "OLD SCHOOL" teamster with some POWER reads this....goes to the company and says...You are not going to SCREW these men! NOT ON MY WATCH!!!

My prayers were answered! No cdl required to follow dock work to Carlisle. This was the right thing to do! Thank You IBT! Don't know if I'll go...but I'm glad that my brothers (without cdl's) will have the oppurtunity!

My prayers were answered! No cdl required to follow dock work to Carlisle. This was the right thing to do! Thank You IBT! Don't know if I'll go...but I'm glad that my brothers (without cdl's) will have the oppurtunity!

Hey Brother thank Locals 776 & 771. From what I was told by our Ba. and read on our web it was them that fought hard for that at the coo hearings. Glad u guys don't need one to fallow that dock work.

Thank You Local 776 & 771!

Hey Brother thank Locals 776 & 771. From what I was told by our Ba. and read on our web it was them that fought hard for that at the coo hearings. Glad u guys don't need one to fallow that dock work.

I know Yellow was trying to throw us under the bus! I heard because this new terminal has a linehaul operation, that makes it NOT an end-of -line, NOT a city operation! So the company can call it a VELOCITY terminal or any other BS name they can think of! The union did the right thing! Let the dock workers follow the dock work! The company was planning on replacing dock workers (without cdl's) with 4 hour casuals! By not allowing the company to do this, there will be fewer COO's in the future.
Thanks again union, you are a necessary evil!

I know Yellow was trying to throw us under the bus! I heard because this new terminal has a linehaul operation, that makes it NOT an end-of -line, NOT a city operation! So the company can call it a VELOCITY terminal or any other BS name they can think of! The union did the right thing! Let the dock workers follow the dock work! The company was planning on replacing dock workers (without cdl's) with 4 hour casuals! By not allowing the company to do this, there will be fewer COO's in the future.
Thanks again union, you are a necessary evil!

That was the right thing to do and I am glad that it was allowed. At the same time, you have to wonder what the company is going to do up there as far as bids and the people without CDL's. Do you think they are going to make life difficult for the ones without them at Harrisburg?

That was the right thing to do and I am glad that it was allowed. At the same time, you have to wonder what the company is going to do up there as far as bids and the people without CDL's. Do you think they are going to make life difficult for the ones without them at Harrisburg?

I was just thinking the same thing. As a ue terminal, the work belongs to the drivers bringing the freight in, not just the dock workers at that location.