Dock Blunder

TeamsterForever

TB Lurker
Credits
New Century just lost another significant account thanks to the dock. Satin Fine Foods just pulled the plug on a long standing relationship because the dock LOST a skid that was a critical shipment going to Hoboken NJ to the Cake Boss AKA Carlo's Bakery. The shipment was needed for a taping on the " Cake Boss " television series. When Satin Fine Foods confronted New Century their response was " OH WELL !"
Now the only freight they get is customer routed. Nice job New Century!! Needless to say, the taping had to be postponed costing unnecessary costs to Buddy and his production crew. For those who are in doubt I spoke directly to the owner of Satin Fine Foods to collaborate this information.

heard the same story but it was a few months back like january or february... not recent at all, this was during the winter this year...i dont know what prompted you to bring this up and try and cause confusion (AND STIR THE POT) but satin fine foods is shipping with NCT, check the dock the freight is out there

not sure about that but why are you bringing up the issue from early january-february? if you were driving here in the northeast this year you would know it was a tough winter on us, but the fact that Satin fine foods still uses NCT even if third party means they have got back on the bandwagon

So I need a shipment for a TV show and I wait until the last minute to send it. Then have no back up plan. I'm call BS on this one. They probably got a better rate from another carrier.