SAIA | Dock pay?

sco2012

TB Lurker
Credits
Can anyone tell me what they pay dockworkers? Hubby is looking at leaving his current company, has 4+ years experience.

correction $19.25

How do I get hired on? CINCY terminal keeps hiring guys with no forklift experience but they won't give me the time of day.......I assume it's because I'm female but have 8 years of experience. HHMMMM.......maybe I should call the labor board?

How do I get hired on? CINCY terminal keeps hiring guys with no forklift experience but they won't give me the time of day.......I assume it's because I'm female but have 8 years of experience. HHMMMM.......?

Go to the terminal and talk to the manager or person in charge of hireing. Dress and look like you have some class and not a slob always helps also. ALSO, apply for the job for your qualifications and not anything else!
Good Luck

maybe I should call the labor board

this is a big NO NO.

Go to the terminal and talk to the manager or person in charge of hireing. Dress and look like you have some class and not a slob always helps also. ALSO, apply for the job for your qualifications and not anything else!
Good Luck

this is a big NO NO.

Thanks, I've been to the terminal, dressed nice in a pants suit. I don't go looking for a job looking like a slob. They told me they had no positions open even though I had just filled out the application online two weeks before. Then I saw it posted again on job posting website, resubmitted it and got the same, "we're not hiring". I then sent several emails to corporate HR and finally got an interview. I got the run-a-round that day too. I was told he was going down the list of guys from when he started in November yet I had been waiting since October. I know people who work there, husbands cousin is a P&D driver, my friend works the dock. I'm told they're hiring so I submit my application again and when I stopped by to asked about it, I was told once again, the positions had been filled (a week and 1/2 later). My friend told me they hired three guys with no forklift experience. I AM qualified to work the dock, I've been doing it for years, I'm doing it now!!!! There are no females on the dock there. You didn't read my post to well or you would have read that I am qualified. Are you afraid for the company to be investigated by the labor board because you know they don't want to hire women??????!!!!

Thanks, I've been to the terminal, dressed nice in a pants suit. I don't go looking for a job looking like a slob. They told me they had no positions open even though I had just filled out the application online two weeks before. Then I saw it posted again on job posting website, resubmitted it and got the same, "we're not hiring". I then sent several emails to corporate HR and finally got an interview. I got the run-a-round that day too. I was told he was going down the list of guys from when he started in November yet I had been waiting since October. I know people who work there, husbands cousin is a P&D driver, my friend works the dock. I'm told they're hiring so I submit my application again and when I stopped by to asked about it, I was told once again, the positions had been filled (a week and 1/2 later). My friend told me they hired three guys with no forklift experience. I AM qualified to work the dock, I've been doing it for years, I'm doing it now!!!! There are no females on the dock there. You didn't read my post to well or you would have read that I am qualified. Are you afraid for the company to be investigated by the labor board because you know they don't want to hire women??????!!!!

If you can document your qualifications and experience, get the names and positions of the individuals that told you the positions you applied for were filled before they hired. You have a complaint and can make somebody sweat with the proper evidence.

The only way to break the back of bad practices and habits by any company, including Saia, is by outside intervention. They only seem to listen when somebody attempts a raid on the company treasury via such actions.

It sounds like the good ole boy network is alive and well.

Our dock workers restroom is males only. The only womens room is in the office area and dock workers are not to use it (drivers too but we don't do what were told anyway!).

2 years there and the only female not working behind a desk is one that's a women's best friend. (shop/dock/P&D drivers)

Our dock workers restroom is males only. The only womens room is in the office area and dock workers are not to use it (drivers too but we don't do what were told anyway!).

2 years there and the only female not working behind a desk is one that's a women's best friend. (shop/dock/P&D drivers)

The dock I work on now only has men's bathrooms on the dock. I have to go up to the office area to go to the bathroom. I was one of three full time women on the dock, and the only one on my shift. There are still two full time women, (my full time position was eliminated) and I am now one of two part-time women. I am treated as "just one of the guys" since I do more work than 1/2 of them, yet SAIA won't give me the time of day when it comes to applying for their dock. I've applied several times and not once have they even attempted to contact my present employer or my past. I applied for a dock job at Vitran, the guy called me two days later for an interview, said he talked to my present supervisor, and called to give me the job 2 days after the interview. I didn't take it though, went back part time where I use to be full time, more money. Looks like I should have them investigated since a friend that works the dock at SAIA tells me they hired guys who have never even driven a forklift.