ODFL | Does anyone know when the dryspell is going to end ?

A Switch

Yep, the fluctuations have become so frustrating that I've decided to switch tracks to the food industry. After study, I've concluded...no matter what season, people EAT. Remember Maslow? Food then shelter then clothing, etc

I can tell you we are working pretty much wide open in GBO, everyone seems to be getting all they want..and it looks like buisness is going to be very good in 07, the company growth has increased over 20% in 07 and adding terminals, and building a new one in Orlando, a break bulk with full shops. I think its 100 plus doors..this is great for FLa. terms to send tractors there to be repair...and look for more growth in 07 what I'm hearing...its going to be great...through 08.....

Been pretty busy out West here Mon-Weds and then seems to slow down by the end of the week but things have been kicking back into gear.

Yep, the fluctuations have become so frustrating that I've decided to switch tracks to the food industry. After study, I've concluded...no matter what season, people EAT. Remember Maslow? Food then shelter then clothing, etc

yeah i hope u dont wanna do a food peddle cause those dudes gotta handle all those little boxes in a cooler.

It is basically indicating that, but it's not like rail can take all the freight from trucking, just some of it. There has been this tug of war going between the two since trucking was born.

so what does this article mean is the trucking going to get better or worse is rail taking over

This past weekend was heavy. All available line haul drivers were out and when I came in a part time driver was leaving. I asked about going back out on my 10 and dispatcher said it would be no problem. This may be due to the bad weather up north holding up the freight last week and now its making its way down here.

This past weekend was heavy. All available line haul drivers were out and when I came in a part time driver was leaving. I asked about going back out on my 10 and dispatcher said it would be no problem. This may be due to the bad weather up north holding up the freight last week and now its making its way down here.

i think it was mostly the bad weather 78 and 81 was shut down up here at HAR so HAR was shutdown when i ran that weekend after the shutdown there was somany trucks out, there was more trucks then cars. but freight is back to slow again. only seeing little signs of freight so maybe thing will look better next month.