ODFL | Does OD hire ex Teamsters?

Spunkster

TB Lurker
Credits
Applied for an opening at OD as a peddle driver and the coward never got back to me as to whether I was suitable for the job.
What's OD policy on hiring ex union peeps.

i tryed too in des planes ill and chicago no go. ihave a clean record .but i am ex union.and i say no on hiring x union

Maybe the fact that you automatically assume he's a coward and that your ex-union status might have something to do with it aided in his decision. Just a thought.
Guardrail

i tryed too in des planes ill and chicago no go. ihave a clean record .but i am ex union.and i say no on hiring x union
There'd be several ex teamsters here(including myself) that would disagree with you.The T/M's get a lot of lattitude on who they hire, if he feels comfortable with an applicant he's gonna get the job.

Maybe the fact that you automatically assume he's a coward and that your ex-union status might have something to do with it aided in his decision. Just a thought.
Guardrail
Maybe it was the fact that he said he would call me back later that afternoon and never did has some bearing.
Anybody that says they'll do something just to save face is a coward in my book

I think managers have short term memory loss anyway , and we have 4 or 5 guys who have worked union shops. i definitely would put it as manager call.

the will hire you !.i was a holland driver from knx at the time and it was a good move. the company is a 180 from holland , you will get to work, great miles if you are a road driver, clean good motels ( bunk house in jeresy city could use a good cleaning!)

Jersey City, a throw back in time. I was previous union. working for an independant. In early 06 I applied. Took a couple months. Had to check back myself. To keep process going. Lived same distance from 2 terminals and 1 newly staffed relay location. At time, with my record, was wanted with many companies, Union and independant. I looked at big picture, management, equipment, growth, and attitude. Wanted this job. So, I went after the position. So you can come on here and whine. Or man up and go after the job. Regular SOP is to do a fallow up call. Realize same people only have tunnel vision, it's all about them (Union Mindset). Oh, found out later 2 terminal managers wanted me. Finally came down to where volume was larger.

Maybe it was the fact that he said he would call me back later that afternoon and never did has some bearing.
Anybody that says they'll do something just to save face is a coward in my book

I'm sure that was the only thing on his mind. Did you call him back and jog his memory? If not, shame on you.

the will hire you !.i was a holland driver from knx at the time and it was a good move. the company is a 180 from holland , you will get to work, great miles if you are a road driver, clean good motels ( bunk house in jeresy city could use a good cleaning!)

The JCY terminal is going to be turned in to a historical landmark.

The JCY terminal is going to be turned in to a historical landmark.
Yep,going in the history book's..I have been told by another employee that use to work there..That the City is buying up all that area..That OD has there eye's on another spot..He said it had already been purchased..But,has not been built..

I'm sure that was the only thing on his mind. Did you call him back and jog his memory? If not, shame on you.

Another union employee with that "entitlement" attitude. If I was the TM and saw this post I would shred the application and call any other TM's I knew and inform them of of the "outstanding attitude" of this person.

Another union employee with that "entitlement" attitude. If I was the TM and saw this post I would shred the application and call any other TM's I knew and inform them of of the "outstanding attitude" of this person.

That's society today... "if I wait, it will come to me." What ever happened to pestering someone until they hire you? Not being a pest, just touching bases with them every so often.

These t/ms,at all companys probably,are looking at a stack of apps over 2 feet tall so I'd go back again.

if you have more than a couple years in a union shop you will never get approved by home office...area VP or safety dept will reject your application and terminal manager will get a earfull for even trying........speaking from experience...policy is not "written" but is enforced...everyone is terrified of salting

Huh, Was union ounce, left because of their support of leftist loons. Hired/3 years, laid off 5 months during slow down, and one of first brought back 2 years ago with full pay rate. My meet person out of Dallas last Fri. was a long time union driver, hired on a couple months ago.
if you have more than a couple years in a union shop you will never get approved by home office...area VP or safety dept will reject your application and terminal manager will get a earfull for even trying........speaking from experience...policy is not "written" but is enforced...everyone is terrified of salting

Huh, Was union ounce, left because of their support of leftist loons. Hired/3 years, laid off 5 months during slow down, and one of first brought back 2 years ago with full pay rate. My meet person out of Dallas last Fri. was a long time union driver, hired on a couple months ago.
we have several long term union linehaul driver's here..It all depend's on your attitude&who you know..

Yes, Old Dominion hires XX Union Drivers, if OD hired me, the Trucker Hog. OD will hire any XX Union Driver, hired 9 yrs. ago, 17 yrs. with Local#24 out of Akron, Oh., Jones Motor until the company closed the doors and came back non union 7 yrs. under union contract. Still ran the O.O. for Auto Ind. The Company does not like hearing union talk, but the company can not do anything to you if you know your rights under the Law! But, (HELL!!!) with Union, it hurt a lot of good drivers over the years and is doing a mess up job with some companys right now!!! I hate the Union and I will and other XX union drivers with the OD will do anything to stop the Union or anybody trying to do that to OLD DOMINION!! Sorry about my comments, that how I feel.

Yes, Old Dominion hires XX Union Drivers, if OD hired me, the Trucker Hog. OD will hire any XX Union Driver, hired 9 yrs. ago, 17 yrs. with Local#24 out of Akron, Oh., Jones Motor until the company closed the doors and came back non union 7 yrs. under union contract. Still ran the O.O. for Auto Ind. The Company does not like hearing union talk, but the company can not do anything to you if you know your rights under the Law! But, (HELL!!!) with Union, it hurt a lot of good drivers over the years and is doing a mess up job with some companys right now!!! I hate the Union and I will and other XX union drivers with the OD will do anything to stop the Union or anybody trying to do that to OLD DOMINION!! Sorry about my comments, that how I feel.
Tell it....I remember when I first started local there was a bunch of us sitting at a table waiting to punch in..The term Manager came by & ask'd what we were doing..Dumm.. me didn't know any better at the time & the first thing came out of my mouth was "We are having a union meeting"lol...Well, that got nipped in the bud fast& was inform'd ..lol