FedEx Freight | Does or will FedEx Freight hire former union employees?

suprsprt

TB Lurker
Credits
After the major screwing Yellow put on their employees at COL, who are pretty much out of job and has no chance of ever being call back. I was curious if FXFE hires former union workers.

I don't think that would be a problem, we have lots of former foodservice union employees at FXF in KC.

roog

I think it depends on the CCM, I wager that most wouldnt hire a hard core union guy. But, a hard core union guy probably wouldnt apply.

come on over, if your a hard worker and good driver you ll have no problem besides everyone has rent or a house to pay for and mouths to feed so what you were or did in the past really should affect the here and now...right :smilie_132:

I'll be curious to see what happens with this.
Keep a eye on this if any of us have friends that
were Teamsters and have come to us now only
to be turned away. I will tell you this that I was
a Teamster but was hired be American Freightways
13 years ago.

Huh!!!!!!

13 years ago.

:ohmy:Well that explain's everything.......:joke:

They hire a heck of a lot of exunion management. I would bet they won't hire exunion drivers, dont for get harrison thinks the world is out to get them!:hide:

After the major screwing Yellow put on their employees at COL, who are pretty much out of job and has no chance of ever being call back. I was curious if FXFE hires former union workers.

I have hired many a hands in this company, and I can tell you this.. Past employment is hardly ever looked at.. unless someone changes jobs like they change underwear..

What is focused on here with our applicants is this:

criminal record
driving Record
If discharged from another company, why?
experience
previously employed here?
Pass drug screen?
physical?
endorsements?

Thats about it

When CF went out our TM at the time wouldn't hire a one of them, several came over to apply too, I spoke up for one of the guys, we had a peckerhead for a TM though, the only thing that made him a man was the hair on his face. Like someone else already said I guess it would depend on the Mgr., after all, it starts with them doesn't it? I really don't know now, but back then all CF drivers apps went in the trash, so I was told. I thought it was sad, the company missed out on some really good freight men.

When CF went out our TM at the time wouldn't hire a one of them, several came over to apply too, I spoke up for one of the guys, we had a peckerhead for a TM though, the only thing that made him a man was the hair on his face. Like someone else already said I guess it would depend on the Mgr., after all, it starts with them doesn't it? I really don't know now, but back then all CF drivers apps went in the trash, so I was told. I thought it was sad, the company missed out on some really good freight men.

Also, when CF went out... we were AF.. and that was many moons ago.. Things have changed and the non-discrimination lawsuits are more than a mouthfull for companies that do..

I just got hired in at the columbus terminal along with 2 other guys. I heard a 4th was going to come on board but I don't think they need him. It'll probably be some time before we hire is my guess... probably in about 6 months when the new much larger terminal is built they'll hire again. A lot of guys in the training class we went to had previous union jobs. Besides I doubt that fedex is afraid of the teamsters.

just waiting on a pee test and a start date at CLB fxfe. but it might have helped i had 8 yrs there b-4 i went to holland. boy was that a good move !!i know some people have alot of bad things to say about FEDEX and i dont agree with everything they do, but try being laid off sence thanksgiving and not having any insurance..never had that problem with purple!!!

13 years ago.

I had some friends that worked for CF when they went under 2 or 3 of them put in applications with us none were hired. Our ccm at the time was a former ABF manager I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. These guys would have made us good employees some of them work for Conway now.

Yes they will hire. I know of former ABF, CF and Yellow drivers & dockworkers working the docks at FXNL. I also know that some current linehaul drivers drive part time for Yellow and Roadway.

Me personally I'd hire an experienced person over one with absolutely no experience regardless of the color of their previous uniform anyday. Were all doing the same job in the long run.

I had some friends that worked for CF when they went under 2 or 3 of them put in applications with us none were hired. Our ccm at the time was a former ABF manager I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. These guys would have made us good employees some of them work for Conway now.
Most of the jobs I've worked have been union, they (AF) hired me, however during the CF closure they put a sign on the front door saying not taking applications. Go figure..

FM

i was a teamster when i got hired by af allso many years ago look at a lot of management they were with union companies cant u feel the us against them atitude ?

i was a teamster when i got hired by af allso many years ago look at a lot of management they were with union companies cant u feel the us against them attitude ?

This is true , we have some union sups and
they have brought that ''us against them''
attitude with them and it sucks.
:nutkick:

i was a teamster when i got hired by af allso many years ago look at a lot of management they were with union companies cant u feel the us against them atitude ?

Sure can, EVERYDAY!!! It gets worse with everyone they hire. They bring there buddies onboard and now you have got a pair to deal with, 2 on 1 sometimes its even more.:hide: