Does Sysco contribute to the Teamster Pension Fund?

pallyo

TB Lurker
Credits
Can anybody tell me if what i heard is true. I was told Sysco in Syracuse NY is Teamster but they do not contribute into the pension at all. Just wondering if that's true.

Im not sure if its the same across the country but when our city drivers were teamsters Sysco contrubuted. OUr union eventully ran the pension into the red and all the contrubutors has to put in exta to keep everyone getting a check. Thats when the put it in the drivers head that if they voted out the union they would get a raise. They got their raise which is probably less than Sysco was paying in the additional contibutions.

Dirty

i know this thread is old, but with this new contract, we moved away from the central states pension with the teamsters and into the sysco pension and 401k. love it.

abc or hourly?

i know this thread is old, but with this new contract, we moved away from the central states pension with the teamsters and into the sysco pension and 401k. love it.

are you guys abc or hourly? what is top rate? how many hours per week?

we have the choice for abc or hourly. top pay for contract is $17.72 an hour but in ABC we average $21-$22 an hour. Few pud routes work 40-50 hours a week but the standard is 50-65 hours a week.

Sysco in PHL is Union Drivers are Teamsters Local 500,Wharehouse Teamsters Local 169.
Sysco in Pocomoke,MD are not union at all.
Most Sysco operations in major cities are UNION,when you get away from the "BIG CITY",
less likely,just like the UFCW no clout and people are glad to just have jobs!!!!!

philly

hey bosslincoln, i'm a drver for sysco-- local 294. heard philly is going through nasty contract negotiations. do you know any specifics? any idea what kind of money these guys make?

hey bosslincoln, i'm a drver for sysco-- local 294. heard philly is going through nasty contract negotiations. do you know any specifics? any idea what kind of money these guys make?

I do not know much at all? Not surprised that they are having problems getting a NEW CONTRACT. U.S.Foods in Swedesboro,N.J. Gloucester County just settled after the company went to the lenghts to advertise for ***** to operate operation if strike happened. They are Local 628 out of PHL. A local that primarily represents media holding companies,news paper,magazine drivers,etc. Sysco down here in PHL makes around $22 P/H. Factor in Health &Welfare and probaly around $27 to $29P/H? Hope this helps on wage?