XPO | does this sound like safety first????

teamsterwannaB

TB Veteran
Credits
Ok a driver I run with was washing his winshield and hit the grill and hood. The tm walks up and said " you are not allowed to wash your truck" driver reply "what about the winshield" ? tm reply " I will leave you guys soap and a brush, and take away the hose" So how do we rinse the soap off the windshield? It appears this TM thinks 3 minutes on his dock is more important the the safety of 75 to 100 drivers. By the way here`s the shocker the terminal is in NE IN. So XGO you may want to have a word. If the hose goes away we will put in a call to OSHA. Thanks in advance for your prompt attention to more dumb actions.

No hoses allowed at my barn either. Would come in handy when the quality windshield washer fluid we have smears lovebug guts all over the place. We're told it's against EPA regs. Seems like somewhere along the line common sense would prevail....

No hoses allowed at my barn either. Would come in handy when the quality windshield washer fluid we have smears lovebug guts all over the place. We're told it's against EPA regs. Seems like somewhere along the line common sense would prevail....
EPA regs?? against running water? And I thought my TM was full of sh*t

Supposedly it's not the running water they're skeert of, it's what the running water might wash off of the truck and take with it into the ground (oil, diesel, etc., etc.).

Ok a driver I run with was washing his winshield and hit the grill and hood. The tm walks up and said " you are not allowed to wash your truck" driver reply "what about the winshield" ? tm reply " I will leave you guys soap and a brush, and take away the hose" So how do we rinse the soap off the windshield? It appears this TM thinks 3 minutes on his dock is more important the the safety of 75 to 100 drivers. By the way here`s the shocker the terminal is in NE IN. So XGO you may want to have a word. If the hose goes away we will put in a call to OSHA. Thanks in advance for your prompt attention to more dumb actions.
I guess he never heard of pay code 161, washing equipment.4 minute flat rate. See drivers survival guide.

dont worry racer no need for you to clean ur windows, just as long as you get to the ( FAC ) sit in the break room while waiting for hooks :hysterical:

The EPA stuff is correct. You can't have grease, oil, and other stuff running into the drainage system. There has to be a system to "re-claim" the bad stuff. I know at Big "D", they have that system. And they have a hose. And a wash bay. And drive thru wash.

10-4 on that even when are wash crew comes out once a month , they have to lay down that big ole tarp looking thing to catch the run off. BIG D huh ! i've heard my wife say that to me a long time ago...........

dont worry racer no need for you to clean ur windows, just as long as you get to the ( FAC ) sit in the break room while waiting for hooks :hysterical:

I can do that? I thought I was supposed to hobble around and drive my towmotor at idle speed all night and talk about how sorry everyone else is.

Supposedly it's not the running water they're skeert of, it's what the running water might wash off of the truck and take with it into the ground (oil, diesel, etc., etc.).
well now thats funny because theres more crap from the full and partial washes and at my barn they have nothing to catch the waste nor do they put down a tarp!!!

washing equipment

drivers survival handbood is my bible..
gfy you are right...code 161 4min.flat rate!\
Readers are leader..knowledge is power

The EPA stuff is correct. You can't have grease, oil, and other stuff running into the drainage system. There has to be a system to "re-claim" the bad stuff. I know at Big "D", they have that system. And they have a hose. And a wash bay. And drive thru wash.
If they are that worried about wash water, How would they feel about a sewer drain right next to a fuel Island.