Yellow | Dollar Bill says we are o.k.

The part that scares me the most.

In closing, I want to assure you that we are confident about the things we can control and our ability to weather the things we cannot. Most importantly, we remain focused on providing exceptional service to our customers.

That's the part that scares me the most:shrug:

In closing, I want to assure you that we are confident about the things we can control and our ability to weather the things we cannot. Most importantly, we remain focused on providing exceptional service to our customers.

I feel better already. :biglaugh:

Smarter people than me seem to disagree with that statement!!

Oh good....now I can sleep better at night knowing ONLY 3,750 Brothers & Sisters will lose their jobs!

I run numbers all day long....They will save approx. $1,938,750 per week in H&W and Pension payments for however long they are laid off, or if they even come back.

The Union will lose $210,000 per month in dues money.....$2,520,000.00 per year total in dues money...money we need to organize in order to fill the gap!......KK

kk i understand the savings and the loses to the union but i still cant figure out how yrc will ever make money with no1 working

because long blades,they will force 2 hours on every shift.it will be all shifts around the clock.also the 6 & 7 punches will still be there, and guy's will still work them.then when they call through the lay-off list later in the weeks,hoping only a few will come.knowing people can't make it on two days and the health and welfare is not being paid,soon some will give up.that's what they are hoping and then they call the casuals along with the few that still come in from lay-off.just like they did last week,only it will get worse with time.you know as well as i do here @ 671 (winston-salem) we had 9 casuals working last sat. and 6 or 7 of them worked 10 hrs. that is just my opinion i have seen it before.JUMBO:shrug:

How do you borrow more money. To pay down debt! Yes you are paying off higher interest debt! Still you not reducing it!!! Just contiuing the endless circle! Its just crepes higher and higher! Almost 1.2 billion $$$$
worth! Im afraid to say they have no way to pay it down! That amount is way too high for a trucking company!! Wait til the next round of debt notes are due!! With yrc predicting that tonnage will be down thru 2009!!! Theres even more problems ahead!!

jumbo no doubt thats what their pipe dreams are but with the few workers they have left they cant possible work enough hours to turn a profit

because long blades,they will force 2 hours on every shift.it will be all shifts around the clock.also the 6 & 7 punches will still be there, and guy's will still work them.then when they call through the lay-off list later in the weeks,hoping only a few will come.knowing people can't make it on two days and the health and welfare is not being paid,soon some will give up.that's what they are hoping and then they call the casuals along with the few that still come in from lay-off.just like they did last week,only it will get worse with time.you know as well as i do here @ 671 (winston-salem) we had 9 casuals working last sat. and 6 or 7 of them worked 10 hrs. that is just my opinion i have seen it before.JUMBO:shrug:
Hey JUMBO........you go to the front of the class!!

As you know 671 has been working on this technique for the last few years. Work as few men as many hours as possible. This does two things, reduces the work force and drops H&W cost per hour, per man.

I don't think there is a real concern about getting freight moved, just cost savings. Just like you pointed out, 671 cuts off the L/O men at two days. This also has two reactions.......One, the L/O men don't get full insurance and Two, it cuts into their unemployment for the rest of the week.

After all of this, 671 knows not many L/O men will come in so they work casuals.

I still don't see any cuts in upper management @ 671......so times must not be a tough as we are told. DS.

DOCK STEWARD (only hoping...)

I was just thinking last night @ work.Some guy's I worked with in Greenville,told me in the past that they were on lay-off for 5 yrs.This took place about 30 yrs. ago.They worked the men left on full time 10 hrs. a day for that time period, for the most part.Then offered 6 punches and they worked. By the time they were recalled, only a hand full returned.The work picked up or they took on more freight. After this happen the company went on the hiring spree, that we seen in the late 80's to the early 90's.In closing, I hope we are not gonna see this trend come back around. (concerned) JUMBO

I'm confused here, and forgive me, I am not trying to be a wise a$$. But I read somewhere here yesterday where you have layoffs up to people with twenty years. And, yet, they are using casuals. How does this work?

I'm confused here, and forgive me, I am not trying to be a wise a$$. But I read somewhere here yesterday where you have layoffs up to people with twenty years. And, yet, they are using casuals. How does this work?
larry that's what we'd like to know, and I will for sure ask our b.a. tomorrow when he tours the dock for a little q&a......last weekend 9 casuals worked, some of them for 10 hr. shifts, some were brand new, being trained....that's also my question....how can you hire brand new casuals, and start training them, when 1/2 our dock is now in layoff status? also, what happened to the 100's of grievances we filed against the UE and company for coo violations? there's alot of things "our" union owes us answers to.....the g-man

larry that's what we'd like to know, and I will for sure ask our b.a. tomorrow when he tours the dock for a little q&a......last weekend 9 casuals worked, some of them for 10 hr. shifts, some were brand new, being trained....that's also my question....how can you hire brand new casuals, and start training them, when 1/2 our dock is now in layoff status? also, what happened to the 100's of grievances we filed against the UE and company for coo violations? there's alot of things "our" union owes us answers to.....the g-man

Thanks G, and good luck. Let me know what you find out. This is beyond comprehensible.

The biggest problem with YRC is they have forgotten their roots. If they would just pick up and deliver freight, they wouldn't have to fudge numbers, lay off guys, or worry about putting too many people on the clock. Instead, they worry about numbers. Are we an accounting firm or a freight company? Instead of cutting cost and saving money, we should be grabbing all the freight we can and earning money, the old fashioned way. I'm not saying that there aren't avenues for saving money and cost cutting, but it should be done where it does the most good. There's no need for multiple managers and supervisors on the job when a few good people that actually have a clue can handle. There is absolutely no reason to have a terminal with 60 men and 20 managers. Take 120 for example. They have lost so much manpower over the course of the last COO's, yet management levels are still the same. Maybe Dollar Bill should look to cut in other areas besides the rank and file. If we don't have the manpower to move the freight, and we don't get the freight to move, it doesn't matter how much money we save, we still won't be able to pay the bills.

Hey larry..........here's how it works. As long as RDWY (or who ever we work for) offers the work to all the laid off dock men, they can work casuals.

Here's an example. The dock needs guys to come in at 20:00. RDWY will call our Unassigned men first. Then call the laid off men (dock qualified) in seniority order. If they don't get the number of men they need then they can call in casuals.

As long as the work was offered in that order, RDWY can work casuals with men in layoff status. DS.

The biggest problem with YRC is they have forgotten their roots. If they would just pick up and deliver freight, they wouldn't have to fudge numbers, lay off guys, or worry about putting too many people on the clock. Instead, they worry about numbers. Are we an accounting firm or a freight company? Instead of cutting cost and saving money, we should be grabbing all the freight we can and earning money, the old fashioned way. I'm not saying that there aren't avenues for saving money and cost cutting, but it should be done where it does the most good. There's no need for multiple managers and supervisors on the job when a few good people that actually have a clue can handle. There is absolutely no reason to have a terminal with 60 men and 20 managers. Take 120 for example. They have lost so much manpower over the course of the last COO's, yet management levels are still the same. Maybe Dollar Bill should look to cut in other areas besides the rank and file. If we don't have the manpower to move the freight, and we don't get the freight to move, it doesn't matter how much money we save, we still won't be able to pay the bills.
Spoken like someone that's "been around" :biglaugh: Well put, brother. DS.

and of course no one (in their right mind) is going to work just 1 day a week or two. just messes up your un-employment.

work one day 8 hrs approx 180.00
Stay home with the family $275.00