Yellow | DON'T BE GULLIBLE (easily cheated or ticked)

FULL DECK

TB Lurker
Credits
I say NO WAGE GIVEBACK because.....

In the past, any wage concession was for the remainder of the contract, and when the next contract comes due, a new percentage will be negotiated and you won't return to the NMFA top rate.
When entered into a wage concession, your union dues do not decreased, they stay at the current rate as if you are at top pay. Your health and welfare and pension contributions stay the same, with no decrease. No union officials, take any cuts in their pay.The union officials are in fear of cuts to their benefits, if there is a lack of membership, only.

Scare tactics from some locals run wild, such as those being circulated by the Charlotte, N.C. local president, that are full of lies and fear. He is making the statement that a NO vote, is a vote to "shut the doors", as if that pertains to the whole corporation.
If a wage concession is past by all 3 companies, it's possible, they will shut the doors on 1 individual carrier anyway, you can speculate who it will be. Keep in mind the problems were created at the corporate level, not the individual company level

I believe the Corporation is too big to go under, because they have too many resources to tap into, in which to liquidate, reguardless of what the so-called union auditors think or are being told by the corporation.
Let's not forget the 4000+ union and non-union employees still scheduled to lose their jobs after the merger of Yellow and Roadway is complete, and the revenue savings they stand to gain in lack of wages, health and welfare, and pension contributions. Last month, YRC stated they stand to generate $150 million in the sale of excess terminals and equipment after the Yellow/Roadway merger.

Fuel prices are half what they were 6 months ago.

Let's not forget the agreement, YRC entered into, to buy that Chinese trucking company, and the remaining balance due next year to purchase the rest of it.
YRC wants economic relief from YellowRoadway, Holland, and New Penn, 3 separate companies, it should be 3 separate votes. My vote should not count towards Holland or New Penn, and visa-versa.

I say NO WAGE GIVEBACK because.....

Fuel prices are half what they were 6 months ago.

Fuel prices don’t mean squat to trucking companies Have you ever heard of a fuel surcharge. YRC is in dire financial trouble. And that, my new fiscal intellectual friend in no BS

P.S. Get back to me when you’re playing with a full deck

Fuel prices don’t mean squat to trucking companies Have you ever heard of a fuel surcharge. YRC is in dire financial trouble. And that, my new fiscal intellectual friend in no BS

P.S. Get back to me when you’re playing with a full deck
Always, have to go into detail, as if it's necessary.

I understand everything about fuel surcharges, GOOF.

YRC is not collecting as much as previously, because of the current fuel prices. When fuel drops, so does the surcharge. The surcharge, is the amount charged, over and above what the Department of Energy states fuel prices should be, weekly.