FedEx Freight | Don't Get Hurt!!!!...on the job

One thing this conversation shows is a lack of consistency. Dont trust those automatically unlocking fifth wheels,Ill tell you that.

Phantom 309 said:
I'm thinking if my truck ran over me and hurt me I'd probably tell somebody pretty quick.

Haha. No doubt. Kinda sounds like someone didn't want to report a roll off. Ooops. But it's all Tinas fault. Damn HR they made that driver forget to set his brakes causing him to run himself over. Hope Tina can live with herself.

rodedawg said:
In my policy book, if it doesn't hit the ground, it isn't a dropped trailer. If it's on the frame it isn't a dropped trailer. If that's the case, when I back under a trailer, and it's dropped so low it slides up on my frame, then drop my air and back under it, does that mean it should be a dropped trailer on the guy that dropped it last???

Just askin?

I looked at the policy online and even if there is no damage it's a dropped trailer. Also even if it lands on the frame its still a dropped trailer. It also says that it's an automatic chargeable.

I have dealt with Tina C twice and she has been more than helpful everytime I talk to her and her number one priority is to make sure you are compensated the very next payroll. I wouldn't blame FedEx at all to question somebody coming in saying he hurt himself 2 weeks ago, which coulda been conveniently after a softball tourney or something...

I want to know how I can drop my air bags when I don't have any. a 20,000 lb box is gonna hit the frame when you pull out with a spring ride. the rails are flat for a reason... just go slow and pull out easy...

now I sound like Dr. Ruth.

Ump said:
I want to know how I can drop my air bags when I don't have any. a 20,000 lb box is gonna hit the frame when you pull out with a spring ride. the rails are flat for a reason... just go slow and pull out easy...

now I sound like Dr. Ruth.

Thats what she said!

I looked at the policy online and even if there is no damage it's a dropped trailer. Also even if it lands on the frame its still a dropped trailer. It also says that it's an automatic chargeable.

I believe you are right but, at my center we had a guy drop his back box on the Interstate and the State Police had to call Fedex and Fedex had to call the driver. Can you imagine on a Day run not realizing that 8 miles back your back trailer fell off and was laying on it's nose in a traffic lane? Well, the driver did not even get a write-up - nothing! The supervisor in charge said "No Harm No Foul". And this redshirt got promoted. Inconsistency is the problem.

We've been told that a dropped trailer is an incident if it's on the yard and there is no damage to trailer, dolly or tractor. I've not dropped one but I know those that have and still have their safety record intact.

roog
I know a driver that dropped a trailer on the yard, no damage and got a preventable......It all depends on who reviews it

Policies are everywhere you work, attendance all the way to reporting an accident or injury. Policies have to be in place because some employees in any compay of business push the limits, know how to work the system, a small % of employees do this in all types of employment. These are the people to blame, not your employer, a much bigger % of employees don't even worry about policies, no reason to worry if you do what is expected of you by your employer. I wuold like to know why you think you need to add a statement about a union, it makes no sense to me. it's the few that abuse thier workplace that cause policies to be put in place. Any employer has no choice.

I know a driver that dropped a trailer on the yard, no damage and got a preventable......It all depends on who reviews it

Yea that's right. I know guys on both sides. Identical situations, dropped trailer on yard, no damage. One gets chargeable, one gets incident.

I think policy does state automatic chargeable, but some guys get lucky I guess.

What if it's equipment malfunction? Still a chargeable. FDX will not admit faulty equipment, nor will any other company, so you cant fight city hall so grinn and bare it!!

What if it's equipment malfunction? Still a chargeable. FDX will not admit faulty equipment, nor will any other company, so you cant fight city hall so grinn and bare it!!

There are DOT records for all the equipment Fedex Freight operates. And if you are unfortunate enough to get inspected and any piece of equipment has not been inspected by a company technician within the DOT requirements well, you are SOL because you took unsafe equipment out on the highway. But on the other hand I watched a guy pull a set 200 miles and as we crossed the tracks into the Ameriplex in Indianapolis his back box fell off and laid across the tracks. Come to find out the dolly was 400% due for a DOT required inspection ! And he was cleared of any wrong doing.

There is a road driver from LMA that got seriously injured by virtue of a roll away...

He says the roll away was his fault.

His ankle is damaged and will need surgery for it to be repaired.

According to him...he didn't intially report the accident as a lost time injury...thinking it would heal.

When that didn't happen he filed the appropriate paerwork (in OH you have two years to do so).

Some chick at FedEx named Tina C. has denied his claim at every chance.

Even went as far as to hire some legal firm to investigate and enhance the company's chances to deny the claim.

This well defines the 'people first...purple promise...PSP' as little more than BS!!!

FedEx is NOT what they claim to be...not even close!

The company doesn't want a union...but does everything in its power to get one...

I don't get it.

Rat
I am sooooo glad you don't work at Con-Job anymore. You do sound Fed-Up though......LOL...LOL.......ENJOY........

There is a road driver from LMA that got seriously injured by virtue of a roll away...

He says the roll away was his fault.

His ankle is damaged and will need surgery for it to be repaired.

According to him...he didn't intially report the accident as a lost time injury...thinking it would heal.

When that didn't happen he filed the appropriate paerwork (in OH you have two years to do so).

Some chick at FedEx named Tina C. has denied his claim at every chance.

Even went as far as to hire some legal firm to investigate and enhance the company's chances to deny the claim.

This well defines the 'people first...purple promise...PSP' as little more than BS!!!

FedEx is NOT what they claim to be...not even close!

The company doesn't want a union...but does everything in its power to get one...

I don't get it.

Rat

Well Rat, how is the company supposed to know that he didn't injure himself doing the Hoky Poky over the weekend?

HOW MANY TIMES DOES ONE NEED TO BE TOLD TO REPORT ALL ACCIDENTS IMMEDIATELY?

I mean, seriously....... if the concept of 'report all accidents immediately' is so tough to figure out, perhaps you should get what you get.

Fortunately for him, he has first rate insurance, vacation and sick leave time, and then short term disability.

Geeze........

READ THE FRIGGIN" POST!!!!

The driver DID NOT initially report the injury as a lost time accident!!!...this doesn't imply it wasn't reported at all!

And as correctly reported a person has two years in Ohio to file the appropriate paperwork.

And WELL WITHIN the two year window the driver reported the injury...

What part of this escapes the posts perception...other than the fact it believes all things FedEx are wonderful!!!!

Please!!!!!

Rat

Policies are in place for Management to keep their people in line. The problem with policies at FDX. FRT. is Management read's them differently at their particular service center. Policies are misconstrued at all center's throut the State's. Just sayin.

I believe you are right but, at my center we had a guy drop his back box on the Interstate and the State Police had to call Fedex and Fedex had to call the driver. Can you imagine on a Day run not realizing that 8 miles back your back trailer fell off and was laying on it's nose in a traffic lane? Well, the driver did not even get a write-up - nothing! The supervisor in charge said "No Harm No Foul". And this redshirt got promoted. Inconsistency is the problem.

How do you keep going down the road with an emergency line broken off? It depends on how good the compressor keeps up but I'd say you would go about a half a mile tops until the brakes lock up.

Loose Canon said:
How do you keep going down the road with an emergency line broken off? It depends on how good the compressor keeps up but I'd say you would go about a half a mile tops until the brakes lock up.

We had a guy that did that and he made it ten miles.